47

Lando

I don't think that could have gone any worse if I'm honest.

Max brought up Maggie, fucking Maggie.

I might have played down our relationship a little bit. She was a little more important than a hook up, but the second I saw Megan and the second our lips touched for the first time. I ended things completely with her.

I think in the back of my mind I knew that it would come out. I knew I couldn't hide from it forever, but I also didn't want it to come out not like that. I didn't want Meg to think that I was hiding it from her, I just didn't want to hurt her.

"Why did you lie to me?" Meg speaks as we enter the hotel room. The second the door was shut was when the words left her mouth, she had hurt in her eyes.

Keeping this from her was to stop her from being hurt. But I had hurt her even more by not telling her the truth.

"Meg please let me explain" I sigh, I could see tears welling in her eyes. We had the worst possible reaction from Max but now we had to deal with this situation.

I knew he's pissed at me, but purposely trying to hurt his sister by saying something like that I couldn't understand it.

"Just answer me this" She speaks, I knew whatever was about to come out of her mouth would cause pain. "Is what he said true?"

"In some way" I speak, before I had a chance to say anything else.

To explain myself at all, she picks up a pillow off the bed and throws it at me. I don't even react, I just let it hit me. I would take a beating from her right now, I knew what I did was wrong I should have been honest.

"Tell me!" She screams at me, I just take it. I stand there looking back at her, my heart racing as I knew I had too be honest.

I also knew I would hurt her.

"It was before you got here, I was seeing her for a few months. It wasn't serious not for awhile then just before you got here I started to really like her we just got along better" I didn't want to look at her, I couldn't watch the pain I was causing her by telling the truth. "The second I opened that door and saw you, everything changed. It was like all the air in my body was knocked out of me at once. The day I saw you in the coffee shop, the day I took the pictures of you I had just ended everything with Maggie"

The flash of hurt across her face was like a punch to the gut. I knew she was upset, I knew that everything I was saying was hurting her. I don't blame her I mean I had lied.

I told her Maggie was some girl in Australia, she wasn't. She was there for work, Maggie lived a few minutes from here. We would see her again and I should have thought about that before I lied.

"So she wasn't some girl from Australia" I hear her speak softly. There was disappointment in her voice, sadness as well.

I really had fucked up here.

"I just didn't want to upset you, I just ha-"

"You lied to me" She interjects, her tone full of more anger than before.

"Nothing happened between us since you Meg and I mean that"

"Why wouldn't you just tell me? Why did you let me walk into that situation without telling me everything, you knew he would throw that at us and you still let me walk into that place blindsided"

I wish she wasn't right, I wish that every single thing that left her mouth was something I could argue with. But I couldn't, she was being nothing but truthful.