57

Lando

The room was filled with people, so many people from different places in Max's life. There were people from school and old family friends, but she wasn't here.

I would be lying if I said I couldn't keep my eyes off of the door. Everytime it opened I hoped to see her walking in, but it had been over an hour now and she still wasn't here.

The entire room was like a movie, it was a ball room and Max had ordered everyone wear their best. I stand here in a suit as I stood at the bar with a glass in my hand, leaning against the counter as I kept my eyes on the door.

"Who is she?" I turn my head to the sound of a woman's voice, I look around to see Max's grandmother by my side. I smile down at her as she looked at me with her eyebrows cocked.

"What?" I question her, I had met her many times but I don't ever think she truly remembers who I am.

She was getting older but that didn't change her humour she had. Every-time I met her she was as crude as the time before, I used to watch her with Meg and I couldn't help but smile as she dotted over Meg when she was smaller.

Meg was around 16 the first time I saw them together, their grandmother had just taken a fall and she had come to stay with the family until she was better. Meg sat by her grandmothers side for hours, reading her pages of her favourite book as she couldn't do it herself due to her arm being in a cast.

"Who are you waiting for? A girl I suppose" She speaks to me, I can't help but crack a smile at her.

I guess it was obvious I couldn't keep my eyes off of the door.

"Why do you say that?"

"Every time the door opens your head shoots around before looking away disappointed when it's not who you expect it to be" She tells me what she's observed.

I guess she was pretty spot on, but she didn't know that the woman I was looking for was her amazing granddaughter. The only woman I ever truly had loved, since the moment she left me I had been half a man.

Wondering the world looking for my other half to come back to me.

In six months I hadn't even kissed another woman, sure there had been moments I was close but the second I looked into their eyes I couldn't see Meg.

She was all I wanted.

"I guess I'm not as mysterious as I thought" I giggle as I place the drink down on the counter top.

"The way you're looking for her and she isn't even here yet, she's one lucky girl" She tells me as her finger waggles in my face. I can't help but let out a small scoff, she wasn't my girl not anymore.

I could pretend she was mine still, but the reality was she wasn't mine. She hadn't been mine for six months now, I missed her so badly but I didn't know her anymore.

So many things had happened in her life, I didn't know if I even fit anymore.

"I don't think she wants to see me"

"Did you hurt her?"

"She hurt me"

I watch as she looks at me with sadness in her eyes. She felt bad for me, I feel her arm raise as she rubs my shoulder remorselessly.

"Do you forgive her?"

"Of course" I sigh out, my heart hurt.

My head hurts, everything hurts. I just needed her.

"If she's sorry, why not take her back?"

"I want her, I just don't know if she wants me still. It's been six months"