14

Meg

Life had been so good for a few seconds, for a few moments I could breath again. I was happy with Lando, but here I am now sat on the bed of my hotel room. The hotel room that I now shared with Ezra.

The grand prix was this afternoon, Lando did well at qualifying yesterday. I stood there in the garage watching him, I was so proud of him. Not that I could show it, every time I looked happy in regards to Lando I would get scolded from Ezra. I had seen him react worse, but Max and his new girlfriend Pietra was there so he held back.

"Is that what you're going to wear?" Ezra speaks to me as he walks from the bathroom.

We had planned to go to breakfast this morning with everyone. It was just a nice little thing before we watched Lando, I was excited to just be around others. Ezra had agreed to leave after this weekend, I was counting down the minutes but that didn't mean we weren't broken up.

He had made that abundantly clear.

"Yes it is" I snap, I was getting fed up. I needed a moment alone, I wanted to give up right now. I didn't want Ezra anymore, no matter what happened I didn't want him.

I think I was scared of him in way, scared of what he could do to me. He had so much on me, I had let him film a lot of our intimate moments. I know how stupid this was now, I didn't want to be with a man but I was with him and I was scared of him. I was scared of what he could do with his jealousy and anger.

"Listen Meg, I really can't be bothered for your attitude today"

"Leave then" I shoot right back to him, he stared back at me. Glaring into my soul, I had ever looked at him so angrily. I had now experienced Lando, a man that had never made me question anything about myself.

I watch as he rolls his eyes at me before walking back into the bathroom. God I wanted to leave, I wanted to run into Lando's arms and tell him to save me.

I just couldn't risk any tapes coming to light.

~~~~

Ezra and I walked into the restaurant, my hand staying by my side. Not linked with Ezra's, I couldn't bring myself to hold his hand. I didn't want to be linked with him, nor did I want anyone to think I was linked with him.

"Hey" I smile, my eyes connect with the rest of the table.

Max, Pietra and Lando sat there waiting for our arrival. I had spoken to Max, he told me he wanted me too be happy. I lied and told him I was happy, it was a lie.

I wasn't happy, not with Ezra.

Right away Lando stands up and embraces me in a tight hug. Since I had begged him to be there for me I had numerous messages from him, I want to tell him to save me. That I didn't want Ez, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"You okay?" Lando whispers in my ear as he holds my body close to his. I don't reply I wasn't given the chance before I hear the tone of Ezra behind me.

"Okay get your hands off my girl" He laughs, I feel Lando hold me tighter. I can't help but smile as he pulls away he presses a kiss on my forehead.

I look over and see Ezra filled with rage, but he doesn't say a word. Max and Pietra just sit there awkwardly, watching everything go down. Max had no idea about me and Lando, I just know he hated Ezra.

Whatever Lando was doing if it was getting under Ezra's skin then Max would have no arguments.

The table was awkward, Ez didn't seem to care much about the tension he caused. In fact he sat here with a smile on his face. He revelled in the awkwardness that took place.