22

Lando

We had been in Saudi for all of a day and Meg and I were not on speaking terms. The comment the second we landed pissed me off, she sat there and openly spoke about how she did not have feelings for me.

I knew that it was because Max was there, but hearing her say those words. It hurt me deeply, it hurt me in ways I never thought it would hurt me.

She said she wasn't in love with me, but I was in love with her. God I had fallen so fast, I couldn't stop myself from hitting the ground at full force. I was in love with her and I couldn't help it.

I didn't want to love her, I didn't want to be at a different place in this relationship but it was clear I was.

So I acted out of jealous, I was approached by fans and I might have gotten a little too handsy while ensuring Meg was watching. I know it was childish, but I wanted to see her jealous. If I knew she was jealous then I knew she must have some
feelings for me.

I had really fucked up.

Tonight was the first night in Saudi, in tradition we had planned a dinner. It was a small group dinner with the drivers, but I had invited Meg a few days ago. I wanted her by my side but I don't think she would be now.

I had arrived at the dinner location, I was late but not by too much. As I walked over I was greeted by Danny, I had to put a brave face on.

No one could know what was happening between Meg and I.

As Danny moves out of my way making the table more clear, I felt my heart stop. Meg was here, but she wasn't here with me.

She was here with Max, Max Verstappen.

The rage I had felt that day I saw them together it was back but worse. She sat next to him at the table, he said something as she giggled. It couldn't have been funny whatever it was.

I looked at my seat, but I wasn't going to sit here and pretend she wasn't getting under my skin. I wasn't going to watch them two flirt just to piss me off. So I walk over to Meg and Max, I greet Max before leaning down my mouth close to Megs ear.

"Come with me now" I demand.

Megs head turns as her eyebrows raise at my demanding tone. I didn't care right now, I had to see her and speak to her.

"I'll be back" Meg speaks to Max before walking off towards the hall.

Once we had caught up with one another I pull her into a side room. My eyes connect with hers as the doors shut, she stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. She was as pissed off at me as I was at her.

She had come with another man to dinner.

"What the fuck is that?" I speak, she knew what I was talking about. I wasn't here to have my emotions played with, it wasn't something I wanted to get involved in.

I was in love with her.

"Me! I came here with a friend you were all over that girl yesterday"

A friend.

She was pushing every button I had.

"Oh come on! He is not your friend" I snap at her, I knew he wanted her. I could see it in his eyes, she was using him to get back at me.

"Actually he invited me here! After you hadn't spoken to me all day, I was upset and he was there to make me fee-"

"He wants you!"

"No Lando. He doesn't." She snaps at me, I look back at her as I watch the fury build up in her eyes. She was very angry at me, but I was also angry at her.