54

Meg

Being back in London was strange, it was busy and it just didn't feel like home anymore. I walked down the streets of London as I walked to my new apartment. After I left Lando I went straight to my mum, I didn't know where or who else to go too got I didn't have him.

She bought me an apartment, it wasn't the biggest but it was better than the one before and well it was mine.

I missed him, god I missed him so much.

I missed just looking down at my phone and seeing his messages. I had blocked him, I couldn't hear from him because I would take him back, I couldn't take him back.

Max had pissed me off, fuck he had hurt me but he was my brother and he was my family. I had to put him first, even though I had ignored all of his attempts to contact me. I knew that Lando would have gone to him, he would have begged him to call me.

That's why I can't call him.

I walked into my apartment shutting the door behind me. I threw down my bag, I had just had a meeting about my book. I would be done soon enough, I had around 10 chapters left to write and I just showed a publisher. She loved it.

She actually liked it, like really liked it. I have 5 months to finish the book before it will be published. I guess it was really happening, I was actually going to be published.

I walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle of wine out before pouring myself a glass. I take a sip before I hear the door knock, I had ordered food on my way back so I assumed it would be the delivery guy. I walk to the door, my hand wrapped around the handle before I open it.

The air was knocked out of my lungs as my eyes focus on Lando.

I left him four days ago, it had been four days but it felt like a lifetime. I didn't know why he was here, I hadn't told him where I was. I mean I had blocked him he couldn't contact me.

"Lan" I breath out, right out I feel the tears begin to well in my eyes. My heart felt as if it had been squeezed, I couldn't do this. I couldn't stand my ground right now, I would cave and take him back.

My eyes scanned his face, his beautiful face. It wasn't how I last saw, he looked tired almost drained I would say. He looked how I felt, I had cried almost every hour of everyday.

I missed him for fucksake.

"Meg" He speaks back to me, his hands come to my face as he cups my cheeks. His lips coming to mine as they crash onto mine right away, where they should be.

They just didn't belong there anymore.

I push him off of me, I take a step back as I look at him gobsmacked. He didn't expect me to reject him, I mean why would I?

I didn't break up with him because I didn't love him anymore. I was so deeply in love with him, I was more in love with him than ever before. I guess what they say is true, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

"You can't be here" I tell him as I turn my back and walk away from him. I wanted to slam the door on his face, but I couldn't hurt him anymore than I already had. I could see the pain I had caused him, I just didn't want to hurt him.

Over the past few days I knew I had done the right thing. Max deserved his best friend, I had made that decision now. I couldn't mess around with him, I couldn't go back to him and mess around with his feelings. I mean hell he was hurting, I couldn't take him back to lose him all over again.

"Meg please" He sighs as he rushes into my apartment. It was too late now, the tears fell down my face as I looked at him. I couldn't hurt him not anymore than I already had.

I also knew he was here to fight for me, but I didn't want the fight.

"You have to leave please" I beg him as my tears fall rapidly.

I watched as he cried as much as I was.

Lando wasn't rushing over to me, not like normal he kept his distance. He wanted to grab me, he wanted to hold me as I cried but he knew that I wasn't going to let him do that.

"I spoke to Max he doesnt-"

"This isn't about Max anymore Lando" I sob, I knew there was a lot of things I could say. I wanted him too let me go, it was for the better and I knew that but he didn't not yet.

I had to make him hate me, he wouldn't let me go otherwise.

"What do you mean? I know you did it for him and I-"

"I'm back with Ezra" I lie, it was a bare face lie but it was the one thing that would hurt him. It was the only thing that would make him hate me enough too let me go.

I watch as the pain flashes over his face, he takes a step back away from me. His head shaking, he didn't believe me not that the moment.

"You're a liar" He spits at me, there was venom in his voice. Nothing but pure anger and hatred towards me, I needed him to hate me to let me go. "Why are you lying?"

"Lando please, I left for a reason so please just go let me go for christ sake" I cry, I could see him shaking his head at me.

"You're a fucking liar you wouldn't go back to him" I feel him spit at me, fuck I could see how much he hated me.

I just had to let him hate me, it's the only way he would let me go.

"You need to leave" I speak to him, there were tears steaming from my face but I was begging him.

"You're lying Meg I know you are" I just look at him as he shakes his head. "I love you and I know you-"

"Please Lando, we aren't meant to be and Max knows that just go"

He did, he stopped fight for me and walked away leaving me stood alone in my apartment. The second the door shut I fell to the floor sobbing my heart out, I had no idea why I did that.

I don't know why I couldn't just embrace him and fight. Deep down I knew that Max would always hate the idea of us, we would fight for that forever. I would always have to prove our relationship time and time again.

Lando didn't deserve that.

I didn't deserve him, so I had to lie.

I hadn't heard from Ezra I didn't know where he was or even if he was alive. I didn't care either not a all, I only cared about Lando and now he hated me I knew he could move on.

He could actually be happy now he had his best friend back.

Meg: Please check on Lando, he's going to be hurting

Max: What did you do?

Meg: What you wanted me too

———————————-
DOUBLE HEART BREAKING UPDATE!

Lots of love
Zoe xoxo