69

Meg

It was the 23rd of December, Lando and I would be spending Christmas with my family before heading to see his boxing day.

I hadn't seen his family since I was young, they knew about us and I had spoken to his parents on the phone a few times but I hadn't actually seen them in a long time. The scariest part was we were telling our families about the baby at Christmas. I know it was early, we hadn't even had a scan yet but the second I refused a drink I knew eyebrows would raise.

Our first scan is booked for new year's day, it was the first time we could both do. Of course our first official doctors scan wouldn't be until I was 12 weeks, I had figured out I would be around 6 weeks at the moment.

We just needed peace of mind, so Lando had booked for us to have a private scan.

I was currently sat on the floor of our bedroom making boxes to give to our families to announce our baby. In the box was a baby grow and other things for baby, we also got Max a 'worlds best uncle' mug that I'm sure he will love.

"How's it going?" Lando speaks as he walks into the room. He had a hot chocolate in his hand as he passes it to me he leans down pressing his lips against mine.

"Good, I'm just scared they won't get it"

"Baby, it's baby things I think they will get it" He tells me as he sits down on the floor with me. I sigh as I look at him, I was overly stressed and well I didn't feel the best.

My sickness was crazy, my breasts had never hurt so badly in my life and I felt so emotional I'm surprised I haven't had a full mental breakdown yet.

"How are my girls feeling?" Lando asks as his hand rubs my stomach. My head shoots round to look at him with a frown as a scoff also leaves my lips.

"We don't know it's a girl"

"I know it's a girl" Lando shrugs, I can't help but smile at him. He was so adorable, I guess he was right as well. Every time I imagine this baby all I think about is a little girl, I nearly bought a floral baby grow earlier today.

I know it's just a feeling but something about both of us feeling this way made me think perhaps we are having a girl.

"And if it's a boy?"

"I'll be happy of course, but I know we're having a baby girl first" He speaks so sure of himself.

I can't help but giggle at him, I smile at him as he pulls me close to him. I had never felt this before, I had never felt anything like this at all. God I was so in love with him.

~~~

"Merry Christmas baby" I hear from the other side of the bed. I roll over and cuddle in close to Lando, we were the hosts of Christmas this year.

We had done the house up best we can for hosting, my parents were in one of the spare rooms while Max and P were at their place. They would be around by 9am, which was in the next thirty minutes.

"Merry Christmas Lan" I speak before pressing my lips to his softly.

Lando sinks down lower in the bed as I giggle, his hand pulls up my shirt before his lips come to my stomach. He rubs my stomach before pressing his lips to my stomach for a second.

"Merry Christmas baby girl" He speaks to our baby.

It had been decided in his head we were having a little girl. I was happy to play along until we found out, I just hoped that he wouldn't be disappointed if we were having a little boy.

"It's her first Christmas" I speak softly as I rub my stomach, his lips press against mine once again.

"She's going to be spoiled rotten you know" He tells me. "I mean she can have anything she wants at all"

"You can't do that" I giggle

"Oh my baby girl is getting everything she would ever want and need"

It isn't long until everyone arrived, our apartment had never been so full. There were people everywhere, my parents were here as were Max and P. I was so nervous about telling everyone about the baby, I think I was still scared that everyone would think it was too soon.

We had breakfast and now it was time for the gifts, I knew what we would have to give soon enough and the feeling made me feel slightly sick.

"Meg and I have something for everyone" Lando speaks as he walks over to the tree and picks up the box. He walks over to the table before placing it in front of Max and my parents, I can't help but feel anxious.

Lando can tell how nervous I was as he comes to my side his arm snaked around my waist.

"What is it?" Max asks

"Open it" I tell him.

I watch as he reaches forward and opens the box, right away Max's head shoots up with wide eyes as he looks at both of us. I had a smile on my face as I look at Lando who was smiling more than I was.

"Fuck off!" Max speaks excitedly, right away my parents lean over to see what the fuck was going on.

Their eyes widen as they see the box, before anyone can get over to say anything Max was embracing the both of us.

"Congratulations guys oh my god" Max speaks as he hugs me tightly. "I'm going to be an uncle"

"You sure are" I smile back to him.

"Congratulations baby" My mum speaks as she holds my face in her hands. Right away she walks over to Lando to embrace him in a tight hug.

Fuck I was happy, god I was so happy.

Life was finally good again.

———————————-
SHORT ONE TONIGHT!

I am so busy atm bc i am hand making my Eras tour outfit! 🩵 (It's a long process!)

Thank you for being patient.

Lots of love
Zoe xoxo