02

Meg

I arrived in Nice, my plane had landed half an hour ago and I was currently waiting for my brother who was always late to arrive. I sat on my case out the front of the airport, it had been a long day.

Ezra and I had a huge argument before I left because I hadn't told him about leaving. He wanted to come, I knew that was the reason why he wanted to come. He didn't care that I was here to make myself feel better, in fact he hadn't asked me once if I was okay.

I think I question why I am with him at least twice a day.

I hear beeping, my head shoots up and I meet the eyes of my brother as he hung out the window of his car.

Late as always.

"You're late" I groan as he climbs out the car to help me with my bags.

"Better late than never" He smiles to me before embracing me in a hug. I hated him as much as I loved him sometimes, he was annoying as hell most the time.

But he did pay for my trip to Monaco so I guess he's not all bad.

I climb into the car, I hadn't been to Monaco before or Nice for that matter. It was my first time here since Max moved, he had begged me to come before but I always had work but I guess that wasn't a problem now.

"How was your flight?" He asks me, I slide the seatbelt on before turning to him.

I debated telling him about Ezra and his comments he made before I left. The fact he called me a 'bitch' for going without him. I left him in my apartment that I paid for.

"It's was okay" I speak, he understood the tone right away.

"How's the dickhead" He mumbled referring to Ezra.

I just roll my eyes knowing I didn't want to talk about him, in fact I didn't want to think about him at all.

I had been with Ezra for a year, it hadn't been the best year of my life. We didn't make the best memories and he used me a lot, but he made me feel loved sometimes.

It was all I wanted in my life, I wanted the romance I read about in my books. The type of love I wrote about, as Ezra made me feel some kind of love it was enough for me to stay right now.

"I don't want to talk about him"

"Did you break up!" He states with far too much excitement. I snap my head around and stare at him with a glare I used all too often. "Sorry" He mumbled

"We didn't break up, just not really talking right now" I speak, I could see the smile on his face. I knew my entire family wanted me to end the relationship, but I was also alone in London.

He was kinda my only friend.

I hated being tied down with loneliness, but I had no one else.

"We're not talking about him" I snap, Max holds his hands up in retreat.

I always won the arguments growing up, I guess I was just better at arguing than he was. Or he just gave me my own way right away, I was the youngest child.

I guess I did get my own way a lot.

We arrived at Max's apartment, in his classic fashion he got my case for me as I grabbed my
small handbag. I carried my bag behind Max as he lugged my case up the stairs before we reached his apartment.

"I forgot my key so just knock, Lan will answer"

My heart stopped at that moment, Lando was here. I had no idea Lando would be here, I had no prepared myself to see Lando.

Oh my god.

"Megan! Knock on the door" He snaps as he he stands behind me. I snap from my thoughts, I couldn't handle this.

I looked awful.

Why was I nervous?

I hadn't seen Lando in five years, in person that is. I knew how fine he had truly gotten, we followed each other on social media. I saw he was beautiful more so than ever before, he just got better looking.

I reach up and knock three times on the door, I attempted to hold my self together as I hear footsteps on the other side of the door. It takes one second before I hear the door click, it opens revealing Lando.

My god he was so hot.

"Megan!" He states, it was almost as if he didn't know I was coming. But he had to know, Max must have told him.

"Hey" I smile back, I didn't move.

I don't think my legs were working in this shock I was experiencing right now. I cannot even comprehend how beautiful this man in front of my eyes is.

"Meg! Can you walk please" Max snaps as he attempts to walk past me. I miss my teeth before kicking my leg back causing the case to get a kick.

"Don't talk to me like that!" I snap to him, this causes a laugh to leave Lando's mouth.

Lando leans down grabbing my small bag from me to help me through the door while Max struggles with the extra large case I brought for a few nights here.

"Oh yeah mate take the small bag not this one"

Max puffs as he kicks the front door shut behind him. I can't help but smile as he holds my bag before placing it down. Our eyes met and I couldn't help but smile at him, god did I still have a crush on him after all of this time.

I was in a relationship, I couldn't possibly have a crush on my brothers best friend. It was too stereotypical, I couldn't be that girl.

"I'll show you your room" My brother states as he grumbled and we walked down the hall.

I nod before reaching a closed door, it was around rooms I could only assume was Lando and Max's room. This apartment was beautiful, I couldn't get over the fact he really lived here. I was proud of the man he had become, even after the problems he had with racing.

I really was proud of him.

The door opens to reveal an empty yet beautiful bedroom. It had a large bed in the middle of the room, with a built in closet and a vanity with a beautifully lit mirror.

"It wasn't ready so I got some stuff the other day, you're welcome to stay as long as you want Meg okay?" He smiles, I can't do anything but rush into his embrace.

My life had really turned shit the past forty eight hours, Ezra was an ass and well I had lost my job so Monaco didn't seem like a bad idea for awhile.

Especially if Lando Norris would be my new roommate.

—————————————
I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THAT CHAPTER!

A lot of scene setting so far but I hope you are liking it so far

Lots of love
Zoe xoxo