49

Lando

One week we had off before the next race. It went too fast, it was nearly race day. Luckily Megs mum was saying in Monaco to watch the race, she really needed someone right now.

I was so worried about her.

I've seen the comments, hell my entire post was full of them. I had turned the comments off at this point, I just didn't know how to bring them up. I mean if she hadn't seen them I didn't want to bring them to her attention, but I also didn't want to look like I was ignoring them.

"How's Meg doing since Max found out?" Oscar asks me as we walk down the paddock. Meg had headed out for food with Lily and her mother, she promised she would eat.

I knew she was struggling a little bit mentally, I noticed her picking at her food once again. Just like she used too when she was with Ezra, I could see the thoughts going round her head.

I just didn't want her to hurt.

"Not great, I don't know what to do to make it better" I sigh, I felt lost.

I wanted to give her everything she deserved in life, but she deserved her brother and I had caused her to lose that. That one was on me, I also have caused this hate towards her. I wanted to scream at these people and tell them to fuck off and leave my girl alone.

People were evil.

She was the most perfect person ever, she was kind and beautiful in every sense of the word yet people still hated on her. They didn't even know her.

"I've seen the shit people say" Oscar speaks, I look at him with shock. If he had seen then I know Meg has seen it too, fuck she's seen all of the comments. "She doesn't deserve that"

"She doesn't at all" I speak back to him, I was at a loss. I just wanted to take away all of her pain, but I had caused it all. "I just don't know if she can deal with this, but I don't want to lose her at the same time"

"She loves you, I can see behind her eyes what she would do for you"

He was right, she would fight for me. She would do a lot for me, so I had to do the same. I really did have too fight for her, fuck I couldn't let anyone talk about her the way they had been.

I take my phone out and text her, I knew it wasn't a lot right now but when I saw her I would say all I needed too.

Lando: I love you, I hope you're enjoying lunch (and actually eating it) <3

Meg: I love you, don't worry Mumma is force feeding me :)

I crack a smile at her message, I was surprised I still hadn't heard a thing from Max. I mean I knew he was pissed off, I knew he hated me right now but I also thought he would understand how much I loved this girl.

She owned everything I was and everything I would ever be. I wish I didn't fall for someone that would break my friendship with my oldest friend, but it happened and I would never change that woman. Not for an entire army.

I just needed him to understand that.

"Would you lose your best friend for Lily?" I turn to ask Oscar.

"She is my best friend, I don't need anyone else in my life. If Meg is that for you then don't let her go"

He was right, Max wasn't my best friend anymore. She was, she was the first person I wanted to tell anything too. When I was upset or pissed off, I only wanted to see her.

I only wanted to be with her, near her.

She was the only person I could stand be around in a bad mood. The day my car failed, usually I would want to be alone but that day I just needed her. I wanted to hold her in my arms as she just breathed in mine.

I wanted my friend back, but I refused to lose the woman I love for him.

~~~

It was end of Qualifying, I had done well. Very well in fact I was starting P3 tomorrow, now all I needed to make this day even better was my girl back in my arms.

Once I was out of the car the first thing I do is look around the garage for her. God she had my heart, the second our eyes connected the smile came onto my face. She looked at me with pride across hers, I ignored everyone and made my way over to her pulling her to my chest.

"Hey baby" I speak my lips pressing a firm kiss against the top of her head.

"You did so good" She speaks into my chest, I could see her glow was gone. She wasn't as happy as she once was, I think she was always on edge now.

I hated what my fans were doing to her, I wanted her to know she was mine and I would protect her no matter what.

Once I pull away from her I am pulled in for a motherly hug by het mother. I was so happy she didn't hate us like Max did, that she didn't resent me for loving her child.

"Well done sweetheart" She coos to me, I smile back at her. "Could we talk?"

Fuck.

My heart rate picked up like crazy, I had never been scared to speak to her before. But now I had her daughters heart, I was in control of her feelings and how I made her feel. I was really scared of her.

"Sure" I speak, I watch as Meg giggles before I am pulled away from everyone else.

I look at her with nothing but fear in my eyes, I was so scared right now. Afraid she would go all Max on me, I really didn't want to get punched by Megs mum.

"I just want to say I really am so happy for the two of you, I hope you know she's had a huge crush on you forever" Her mum giggles, I can't help but laugh along with her. "I also wanted to say I am sorry for Max, that eye still looks a little painful"

I had been forced to cover it with some make up so the press didn't notice. That didn't change the fact it was there, it also didn't change the fact that my best friend now hated me. He hadn't spoke to me in a week, this was the longest we had never spoken.

"It's okay, it's getting better anyways"

"I also have seen the things they're saying about Meg online, I know she's seen it too I just need you to protect her. I had to force her to eat at lunch and I know you've been doing the same but I know the hate isn't helping"

"I feel so bad about that, I just don't know what to do"

I feel her hand come to my shoulder in a comforting manner. Her smile looked at me as I looked back at her.

"Just be there for her, remind her who she is and why you love her" I nod as she goes to walk away I stop her with my voice.

"I really am in love with her" I speak, I watch as she turns back around to me. "It's strange, I don't know how to handle the feelings. I don't want to hurt Max but I don't think he will ever understand"

"He will understand soon enough, you've got to let the dust settle with him"

—————————————————
THAT WAS BAD IM SO SORRY 😭

Lots of love
Zoe xoxo