71

Meg

Everything was perfect.

I really had never been so happy in my entire life nothing really could ruin this now. Lando and I had spent our first New year together at our apartment. We were supposed to be going to a friend's for a dinner party but our little angel had other plans.

I felt so sick the entire evening, so Lando went out and got my favourite foods and we just cuddled on the couch and watched the New Year in together. I fell asleep just after midnight on his chest, I woke in our bed so he must have moved me.

"Are you excited?" Lando asks as I sit in front of my vanity. It was the day of our first scan, I was so nervous about it. I was scared that everything wouldn't be okay and it would somehow be my fault.

"I'm scared" I admit, there was no one else I could ever or would ever be this open with. I used to hide my feelings from everyone, I would lie and pretend I was okay but I wasn't.

With Lando I didn't even think about it, my feelings just came out. He asked me something and I would just tell him how I felt.

When I looked at him I felt like I was looking at myself. It was as if we were two separate bodies but we shared one soul between us. The way he would look at me, the way I always knew what he was thinking.

He was mine and I was his.

Lando crouched down in front of me, his hands taking mine in his. He takes one of his hands to my stomach as he rubs it slowly. I didn't have a bump yet, I mean I was maybe 8 weeks at most so I knew it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

"It's okay to be scared, but in a few hours we will be looking at our beautiful baby girl" He smiles at me. "Hearing her amazing heartbeat and all these fears will be gone"

I knew he was right, there was nothing off about it my body. Everything was as it should be, I didn't have bleeding or anything. I knew everything would be fine, I was just allowing the thoughts to take over.

"I think I know her name" I speak as I look at him, my hand landing on top of his that sat on my stomach.

"Tell me" he cocks his head to the side as he looks at me with a bright smile on his face.

We had never been closer and this baby was making everything perfect. I just couldn't wait for our life in the next nine months, I couldn't wait to bring her home. To see the man I was in love with become a father, I knew he would be the best father ever.

I've seen him with his nieces and he's perfect, but the idea of him with our baby.

With his mini me I was so excited.

"You might hate it-"

"I won't just tell me"

"Aurora or Rory for short" I watch as his face curves into a bright smile. He leans up and presses his lips to mine for a second before he then takes his lips to my stomach.

"Rory Norris" He speaks softly. "I love it"

~~~~~

The entire drive was full of anxiety and fear, my hand stayed attached to Landos at all times. I was scared to let him go, I had never felt anything like this in my life. I felt so sick not just from this baby but from fear.

I had never been able to control my anxiety well, but right now it was working overtime.

"Meg baby" Lando speaks to me as my leg bounces, we were sat in the waiting room of the hospital.