53

Lando

She left me.

I held the note in my hand re reading the lines over and over again.

'Please just leave me alone'

Tears fell down my face, I had never felt pain like this. My heart felt heavy and my throat was so tight I could hardly breathe, I sat with my legs off the end of the bed with my head in my hands. I can't believe she's gone.

I couldn't just let her go, there was no way at all I was letting her go not without a fight.

I walked over to the bedside table and grabbed my phone. I dialled her number but right away it went to answer phone, I called her again and again again.

"Please Meg" I cry with tears down my face as I hold the phone to my ear.

There was no answer.

I take the phone and throw it across the room not caring where it went or if it broke. I didn't care about anything but her, I had no idea how long ago she had even left. I didn't know if she left right after I fell asleep or just before I had woken up.

"Fuck!" I scream, I had never cried so much in my entire life.

I couldn't believe she was really gone.

I walk back over to the phone I had thrown across the room moments earlier. I pick it up and call the one person I didn't want to see, but he was the only one that could help right now.

The phone didn't ring very long before I hear Max's voice on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Have you seen her?" I call out, I didn't need the small talk I needed my girl back.

"What?" He asks with genuine confusion in his tone. He had no idea what I was talking about right now, she really had just left.

"She's gone, she wrote me a letter and she's gone because of you!" I shout down the line, there was no remorse from me right now. This was all his fault, every last moment of this was his fucking fault.

"What do you mean she's gone?" there was a small amount of concern in his voice now. She was his sister after all. "What does the letter say?"

"She's gone, she told me not to call her that she left for you. She knew I wouldn't pick between you both so she decided for me, she left me because of you"

There was silence on the other end of the phone, I didn't want to talk to him but he was the only one I could ask for help. I hated him for what he's done to me, what he's done to us.

"Lando" He trails my name off with a sigh and regret in his voice. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think she would leave and-"

"If you're sorry you'll call her for me" I cry, I had never cried like this. I needed her like I needed air in my life. I couldn't be without her, I mean she was everything to me.

She was more than everything to me, fuck I missed her already.

"Of course, listen I'll come over where are you?"

I didn't want to see him, at least I didn't think I wanted to see him. But my gut feelings took over, I didn't want him here not where we had been exiled too. I had to show him the plan I had for us both.

"Meet me at our new apartment, I'll text you" I speak before hanging the phone up.

I had never felt so empty in my entire life, she was a whole that had filled me for so long. I didn't even know that she meant so much to me until she was gone.

She was gone.

~~~~

I arrived at the apartment way before Max would, I had to see it once before he got there. I unlock the door as it opens I look at the open space, the apartment was empty I had arrange for Meg to pick everything to fill it up.

She didn't pick the house so I wanted to ensure she felt happy within our home.

I look around, I walk over to the window that looked out over Monaco. It was a view of the bay I took her for the first time, the place the picture I kept on me at all times.

I sink down to the floor, my back leaning against the window as I pull my head into my hands as I sobbed. This was supposed to be our home, but now we had nothing.

"Lando?" I look up as I watch him walk through the door I never shut. He shuts it behind him before he walks over to me and sits right next to me.

"Did you hear from her?" I ask him, he shakes his head slowly. I guess she wouldn't want to speak to him at all, if she wouldn't talk to me then why would she want to talk to Max. "I just want to know she's safe"

I watch as he sighs, I could see nothing but regret across his face. I mean this was all his fault, she only left me because of him.

"Mum said she's going to London" I dart my head around to look at him.

She was going back to London, back to where that ass could find her. Where he could have her and she wouldn't be safe, she should be with me not anyone else.

"She can't do that!" I speak as I stand up now towering over him as he sits on the floor. "Ezra is there!"

"I know man I just don't know what to do, she won't talk to me and she won't-"

"Get P to call her! Just anything for fuck sake Max!"

I had never had felt anything like this in my entire life. I felt so lost and I had a huge hole in my soul, our souls were intertwined for so long but they had unfolded now.

My soul didn't have hers anymore, it was all I needed to survive.

Max stands up and walks over to me, his hand coming to my shoulder. I had a race coming up soon, I had a week off before the next race. It didn't seem like a lot but I had to go and find her, I had to go to London.

I refused to give up without a fight.

"What did she say to you?" Max asks me, I reach into my pocket and take out the letter before handing it to him.

I watched sad he read the letter I watched his face drop. I could see him thinking about what he had done.

"I'm sorry" He speaks out to me. "I'll call my mum and find out where she is for you. I'm sorry I did this, I just didn't think it would work but I never thought it was really love"

"Max I love her more than anything"

"I know, I'll help you Lan I really will"

——————————————
POOR LANDO

lots of love
Zoe xoxo