Invisible string

we went back home and I laid my bag on the table.
     "You can't come back Ivy"

Says Charles, the minute I announced it he didn't look happy with my decision.  "Well I think that's up to her," says Charlotte.

    "Ivy; when you're here drama breaks out. I'm not saying it's because of you, I'm saying that those two fight over you and you can't make up your mind on which one you want" he says in a sassy tone.

   "Lando"

He turns around and stares at me, "Lando what"

   "That's who I want"

He smiled at me and laughed, "Why are telling me, tell him. He's been wanting to hear that from you" I smirk and walk out of the house and make my way towards Lando. He told me that he should be home, I arrived at his apartment complex, walked to the elevator, and pressed the button, I guess it was just about to close when I pressed it and it reopened. I looked up and it was Luisa and Lando. The only way to get out of this was by saying I'm going to see Mick, he lived here too.

She smiled at me and I didn't press a number, "Are you going to the same level as us", yes I was. I also thought you two had broken up but I guess not.

"No, I'm going with Mick"

"you hang out with him a lot, do you know where his apartment is." Said Lando, dude your girlfriend is right there and you say I hang out with Mick a lot... "Yeah I was just going to call him when I got there" he nodded and Luisa was staring at the floor, "oh okay well he's floors up from us, we can take you" I nodded and smiled, what else could I do? It got awkward. He says us.

   As I walked behind them I saw Mick walking out of his room, "Hey guys, Ivy?" I give a slight smile with a face that's asking for help, I think he noticed because he nods, "Ivy let's go, I just need some ice and I'll take you for an ice cream"

   "Mick it's late," I said

       "Well then we'll search the whole town if I have to, just for your ice cream" I smile at him and wave at them. Lando wasn't pleased that I left with him. I then walked back to the elevator and ignored it.

    He walked to the ice machine and made sure they were gone, "why were you with them?"

   I sigh and look at him with an embarrassed look plastered on my face, "I was gonna tell Lando I liked him but completely forgot about Luisa and I am not that girl" We walk back to the room and he grabs his keys. We walked back to the elevator, he was looking at me. Mick knew something was wrong, I just felt completely stupid, we walked into the elevator and he sighed, "Ivy, you had a good boyfriend who distracted you from this reality, you need someone like that. Not someone who's going to make you hate this industry. You didn't even come to watch the first race after I asked you, just because of these two asses" I look at him and nod.

   "Yeah maybe this is a good thing" The elevator dings and we walk out of it. Timothee was standing in our way, "in sorry" he said, I looked at Mick and I turned back.

  "Can we talk" Mick smiles and tells me he'll wait for me in the car. He nods and follows after me as I make my way to a beach nearby.

    I texted Charles what happened and he was disappointed that Lando was still with her.

   "Please, I don't want us to end; What happened with them was so messed up and that's why I left. I was so afraid of the way you would react when I told you, I didn't think they would say anything so I kept on hiding it" he hugged me and stroked my hair, "We'll be okay I promise" I smiled at him.

"Let's go Mick is waiting for us"

Toto and I made an arrangement, I would come back in three months. In August, we both thought I'd be ready by that time.