Tied

"Where are you headed to darling,"

         My mom noticed that I was wearing my purse and quietly exploring the kitchen in search of something to eat. Unfortunately, she caught me at a rather inconvenient moment when I was in the middle of taking a bite of an apple.

     "Hi Mom," I say walking up to her and giving her a quick kiss on her cheek, " going for a walk,"

While I was enjoying my apple, my mom walked over to the coffee machine, and the aroma of coffee filled the air. I sat on the kitchen island and admired my mom. She noticed my outfit and remarked, "Aren't you dressed up for a walk?" I replied, "Well, Mom, who said I wasn't planning to do a bit of shopping?" We both laughed, and she handed me a cup of coffee.

    "Have you seen Lando," I know she was hesitant about asking that question, I could see it on her face before she asked.

       "I haven't, you know this mom. It's been over a year and seven months," she slightly glances at my dad who walked in out of nowhere.

"Well darling, staying away from him too long probably isn't the best idea. He cares about you, he even made a-" My mom hits his shoulder and nods at him, signifying that whatever he was about to tell me, he couldn't.

"Uh okay well whatever you guys are hiding I won't budge but I have to go," I say walking up to them and giving them both a kiss on the cheek before making my way out

"Uh okay well whatever you guys are hiding I won't budge but I have to go," I say walking up to them and giving them both a kiss on the cheek before making my way out. My brother was still sleeping like a baby so I didn't get to see him, he drank a little too much yesterday.

As I strolled along the main street lined with fancy shops, I decided to grab a quick coffee. I noticed many people carrying cups with the same logo, indicating a new coffee shop in the area. Eventually, I spotted the charming cafe named "Red Magnolia." Upon entering, I reached for my wallet but was immediately captivated by the interior bustling with students studying. It resembled the cozy cafe that I loved in New York City but with a touch of elegance. As I explored further, I discovered a mini library and study rooms available to anyone who needed privacy. The ambiance was enhanced by magnolias dangling from the ceiling and a striking red rose centerpiece. Adorning the walls were love letters, written by someone who was missing a girl he once loved.

"Yeah the owner puts one up every month he doesn't speak to the girl he lost, I think she moved on. I've read a couple and they're pretty sad," the blonde beautiful barista says with her hand on her hip.

"It's a gorgeous cafe, I have one back home in New York. Just like this," the girl's smile slowly faded.

"Yeah, all around are small pieces with clues about who this girl is but none of us have ever figured it out. We thought it was one of his first public girlfriends, but one time she walked in here, and safe to say that the way he explained her, that girl didn't match. She was rude, bossy, and self-absorbed; he also told us that her name resembled a plant. What's your name again," she asked with a gentle smile while looking at the ceiling.