Chains around my demons

"This is Lila," I said introducing Lando to her

He strolled up to her, and she greeted him with a smile, extending her hand. "You look so pretty," she chuckled and then hurried over to Lance. With the widest smile on my face, I approached her and gave her a big hug. Lando watched as Lance and I engaged with her, capturing the moment with a photo.

She was running around like the little kid she is, I was just happy to watch her. She even tried putting on my coat was way too big for her.

"hey so my dad's here, he wants to meet her. Do you by any chance want to come," Lance asked, As I turned around, I noticed that someone was holding a photo of the three of us. At that moment, I felt torn between two options: joining Lance and Lila or going with Lando. After a moment of contemplation, I followed my innermost feelings and chose to be with Lando.

We ended up going to my place and the later it kept getting we found new topics to talk about, maybe a little too quickly, "yea but I don't think my brother will be joining us," we were talking about the next race, "that's tuff to hear," Lando and...

We ended up going to my place and the later it kept getting we found new topics to talk about, maybe a little too quickly, "yea but I don't think my brother will be joining us," we were talking about the next race, "that's tuff to hear," Lando and my brother have become super close these past few months.

My phone started ringing but I decided to ignore it, I asked Lando if he could get the wine bottle so we could have a drink.

I noticed it rang three more times, so I excused myself and answered the phone. "Hello," I said. On the other end was Arthur, and his following words caught my attention. "Hey Ivy, I need you to come and pick me up. I got pulled over for drinking and driving, and they wouldn't let me go until someone sober came to get me. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that I've been arrested for now. Don't worry, I'm at the casino. Paparazzi haven't spotted me yet, so don't get too upset," he quickly added before hanging up.

Oh I wasn't upset, I was furious

          I swiftly turned around, a sense of urgency propelling me into a frantic search for any available car keys. Lando, with a puzzled expression, observed my actions as if questioning my sanity. "Darling, are you okay?" he inquired, setting down a wine glass. "No," I replied urgently, "I'm trying to find the keys; where could they be?" he quickly realized I was stressed about the situation, Lando guided me to a seat, encouraging me to share the cause of my distress.

"Arthur has been arrested." The words resonated loudly, likely reaching the ears of everyone on the block. Sensing the gravity of the news, Lando swiftly rose, scanning the surroundings for the elusive car keys. Despite my search for five keys, it was upsetting me that I couldn't find one. Unfazed, Lando grabbed a key, and to my surprise, it was to my Ferrari, the one my dad gifted me actually. I responded with a nonchalant shrug, and he handed me the keys with a sense of urgency. While it wasn't the specific key I sought, the Ferrari key would have to suffice for the impending mission at hand.

    I quickly grabbed my coat before leaving and I hopped in the driver's seat.

Upon entering the car, a rapid surge of anger overcame me, propelling me to reach the casino in a remarkably swift 10-minute journey. Upon our arrival at the casino, where Arthur was being held, I slowly stepped out of the car. Taking a moment to compose myself, I adjusted my coat and slipped on my glasses, aiming to hide the intensity of my emotions.