Of

Working at Mercedes, surrounded by luxurious cars, having a best friend who's a famous driver, and enjoying a high salary are all aspects of my life that many would find desirable.

As I observed the bustling activity in the office, the chaotic atmosphere seemed to exhilarate. The sight of people rushing from room to room created a sense of adrenaline, and I reveled in the energy of it all. This organized chaos, I noticed a girl walking up the stairs, someone unfamiliar. Despite not recognizing her, there was a curious connection as she continued to approach, each step bringing her closer to me. It was an intriguing moment in the midst of my glamorous and fast-paced lifestyle.

I decided to ignore the girl until I needed to use the printer. As I was making a copy, she approached me and asked, "Hi, are you Ivy Sinclair?" I couldn't resist scanning her from head to toe. That's when I noticed she was wearing a McLaren jacket. I smiled and replied, "Yes, darling."

Aimee walked by, and she seemed to sense something was going on. She looked at both of us and silently asked if everything was okay. I gave her a slight nod to reassure her.

The girl then asked if we could talk in private. I glanced around, trying to convey that no matter where we went, there would likely be people coming in and out. Despite this, we decided to step into my office, and she took a seat in front of me.

Just as I was about to start a conversation with, the sudden ring of the phone interrupted us. I managed a smile at her while politely declining the call, hoping to smoothly continue our conversation.

With a slight chuckle, she acknowledged the interruption, and I noticed we were roughly the same age, making the situation less awkward. Then came the surprising revelation," So this might be awkward considering at Mercedes but Mclaten wants you on their legal team, they've been admiring you," Her words seemed to fade into a momentary silence, and I felt like I had temporarily lost my ability to hear. The weight of what she said left me utterly distracted.

"Would you like to be a part of our legal team?" she asked, pulling me back to the present. The question lingered in the air, and it took a moment for me to process it. The prospect of joining McLaren's legal team was both surprising and intimidating. It was at that moment, as I grappled with the unexpected offer, that I finally clicked back into the reality of the conversation.

"Oh, I would love to but I love my job here. It's everything I've wanted and," she cut me off as I saw her place some big envelope in front of me

I knew that whatever was inside there was a higher salary than what Mercedes was paying me. That's how this worked, money speaks louder than words.

"Is Zak in Surrey right now, at his office? How long did it take you to get here," I said with anger in my voice.

It took her about an hour and 30 minutes to get here. Everything she said was with a smile, nice girl but the anger within me got to me.

After expressing my gratitude, I eagerly took the envelope from her. I hurriedly made my way to the car, ready to prepare myself for an hour-long drive to Surrey. The prospect of Zak being there made the journey worthwhile.

Once safely inside my car, I closed the door and eagerly tore open the envelope. To my astonishment, the amount of money offered was three times higher than my current salary. It was a significant increase that caught me off guard.

Determined to get answers, I set off for Surrey. The drive was fueled by a mix of curiosity and a desire to confront Zak about this unexpected offer. Why would he do this, right before I agreed to take the offer at Mercedes Petronas F1 headquarters, Zak walked up to me.