Part 81

As eclipse nears, beginning to darken the skies above, Tsireya approaches the Sully den for a visit. Inside, Neytiri is rebraiding Tuktirey's hair. Neytiri momentarily looks up at the marine girl and smiles.

Tuktirey- Hi, Tsireya.

Tsireya- Hi, Tuk.

Neytiri- How are you doing?

Tsireya- I am doing well, thank you.

Neytiri- I'm glad. And your brother?

Tsireya- He's . . . Seen better days.

Neytiri hums as she focuses on her task.

Neytiri- I do not think Aonung is as irresponsible as he seems, but Jake is very protective.

Tsireya- I understand, and my brother will respect his decision.

The woman glances up at her briefly.

Neytiri- I think I will attempt to have him ease up on them, but I make no promises.

Her eyes widen in surprise.

Tsireya- Do you not agree with him? I mean, my brother is already mated. I can see where he's coming from.

Neytiri sighs, leaning back and observing the last bit he has left to braid, then looks to Tsireya.

Neytiri- Your brother . . . He showed no emotion towards his harmed mate, but looked very hurt when he was banned from seeing Neteyam. That is unnatural.

Tsireya- I agree. I've never heard of anyone disliking their own mate.

Neytiri- Because that is not how things should be. No matter how many mistakes are made, there should still be love shared.

Tsireya- It makes me wonder what happened, but I know Aonung wouldn't like me prying.

Neytiri- I do not like the idea of a mate being disloyal, and I would rather my son pursue someone he can actually have . . . But forcing him to do so is pointless. For that reason, I will try to urge Jake to let them be. To figure this out on their own.

Tsireya- Thank you.

Tsireya smiles widely, then remembers the other situation at hand.

Tsireya- Oh, are you doing okay, with Lo'ak lost?

Neytiri resumes the last of her work quickly.

Neytiri- He used to run away quite often when he was little, this is no surprise.

Tsireya- Oh, okay.

Neytiri- Do not worry. He always returns home safe and sound, because his brother always retrieves him.

Tsireya feels a wave of relief as Neytiri reassures her in confidence.

Neytiri- Kiri and Spider are in the back.

Tsireya- Thank you.

She walks to the back room, where Kiri and Spider are sitting across from each other on the floor. Kiri is showing him how to make a certain style of bracelet. It takes delicate hands for the delicate materials and designs, so naturally the wild boy struggles.

Tsireya places herself next to them, laughing as Kiri scolds the struggling human. She hands her a few materials so she can join them, and observes her closely.