Part 165

The skies are cloudy, which could be an indication of coming rain, but the villagers are still on their usual routines.

It's been a week since the oldest Sully boy was pronounced the clan's future Olo'eyktan. Because of the respect Toruk has gained from these people, most were fine with the decision, especially since their Tsahík stood behind the idea.

Currently, Neteyam is with Lo'ak, helping to clear fish out of the nets and prep them for reuse. Since he'll be the Olo'eyktan in two years, Neteyam is honing every skill of the village to ensure he knows how everything must be done.

He's already familiar with the net tasks, but it's been a while since he's done them.

After sorting every good catch from this net into baskets, they begin to clean out the crabs and things they don't eat, sending them back into the water. This specific breed of crustacean, that is poisonous if eaten, thrives with the fish they prefer to eat and often ends up in the catch.

While Lo'ak handles the creatures carefully, his brother is just tossing them into the water.

Lo'ak- Tey.

Neteyam- What?

He speaks with annoyance in his tone as he tosses another crustacean.

Lo'ak- The crabs aren't the ones making moves on your boyfriend, bro.

He pauses before tossing another one, then decides to set it down gently.

Neteyam- Sorry.

Lo'ak- I still can't believe she's really doing that. I mean I've done my share of wrong, but I'd never move in on a sibling's relationship.

Neteyam- Somtimes I wish Aonung and I were as foolish as you and Rotxo, then we wouldn't be having this problem.

Lo'ak- I don't know if I should be offended by that or not, but, I will say it's true. Aside from that, though, how's it feel to be the future leader again?

Neteyam- Well, Aonung seems content so, I guess it's fine.

With the net emptied, they pass it off to one of the hunters as another full one is brought in.

Lo'ak- I meant you, bro.

Neteyam- Mm.

Lo'ak- You don't like it do you?

Neteyam- The role itself is fine, but it's not my role to take. Aonung gave up on himself, it makes me wanna punch him in the face.

Lo'ak laughs as he plops a few fish into a basket.

Neteyam- But I won't, because he's been so relaxed, like a weight is off his shoulders.

Somtra- Sounds like someone is at war with himself.

Somtra lifts the full basket of fish, then stops to comment on Neteyam's contradicting thoughts.

Somtra- You'll split in half doing that.

Neteyam- Well, let's hope I can manage to stay whole.

Somtra- If you need any help or advice-

Neteyam- Som, we've been over this. We're not gonna hang out until after I've dealt with Kiri.