Part 133

He observes Aonung's face closely, and suppresses what he himself is feeling. He missed affectionately touching the marine boy, feeling his smooth skin, and seeing how shy he can be.

He looks into the boy's eyes, and Aonung averts them, looking downward, then back up at him.

Neteyam freezes for a second, wondering if what just happened is what he thinks just happened. Did Aonung just glance at his lips?

Neteyam- Do you like this? The way it feels?

He blinks a few times, as if he's snapping himself out of a trance to be able to answer.

Aonung- I-I don't know. It didn't really feel like me.

Neteyam- But it is.

Aonung- Maybe it was, but not now. It feels . . .

Neteyam steps closer, leaving no distance between them, which makes him take a breath.

Neteyam- Yeah?

Aonung- Like a dart. Whatever this is, it spreads, and I can't stop what it's doing to me. It feels like I want this, but I also feel like I'm out of control.

He involuntarily glances back down at Neteyam's lips, feeling an uncontrollable need to have them against his, but trying not to give in. This isn't what he wants, but at the same time, he's so desperate for it.

Because Neteyam can see it clearly on his face, leans in and finally gives the contact they both wanted, and he can hardly contain himself. He wants to be gentle and remain calm, but he can't help his need for their kiss to turn heated, so he fills it with his own passion.

The feeling feeds Aonung's overwhelming desire, until he comes to his senses, and suddenly shoves Neteyam away mid-kiss. The amount of force he uses knocks the boy onto the ground.

Aonung- No! No, no, just . . . No.

Neteyam- What is it? What's wrong?

Aonung- You! You . . .

He takes a deep breath, but Neteyam is clueless as to why he's suddenly so angry.

Aonung- This isn't what I want.

Neteyam- But it is.

Aonung- . . . You wanna know what I hate about you the most?

Neteyam stands up and looks at him still confused.

Aonung- All you wanted was to get back what you once had; Whoever the hell I was before. But you didn't even think to, maybe, give this me a chance, whether I wanted you or not.

Neteyam- But you're-

Aonung- Now here you are trying to feed off the emotions I used to feel for you.

Neteyam- It's how you feel.

Aonung- No it isn't!

Neteyam- . . .

Aonung- You always say you care about me, but you don't. You care about who I used to be, not the guy that's standing right in front of you!

Neteyam- I do care about you!

Aonung- No you don't! You don't give a shit about me! Me, the one that's been confused as hell about everything I feel for either of you guys because I don't remember what makes me feel that way. If you care about me then why didn't you think to make sure I was fine before dumping your fuckin' emotions on me like that!?

Neteyam- . . .

Aonung- But you know what? The more I think about it, the more I don't want to ask. Why bother worrying about the past when I'm supposed to be focusing on the future, right?

Neteyam- I-

Aonung- And you, you are in the past, and I'm moving forward. If you really care about me, then you'll try to do the same.

Neteyam- I do really care about you.

Aonung- (scoffs) Get to know me before throwing out that bullshit. From where I'm standing, you hate me just as much as I hate you. Tell me I'm wrong.

Neteyam- . . .

Aonung- Tell me I'm wrong!

Neteyam- You're not!

Neteyam's flood of tears returns, but Aonung quickly averts his gaze, refusing to be swayed by old emotions from someone that isn't him anymore.

Aonung- That's what I thought . . . I'll see you in the morning, something's telling me training is canceled for the rest of the day.

The marine boy walks off, leaving Neteyam alone with nothing but his tears and the truth.

Once eclipse consumes the sky, the beautiful stars are hidden by the still raging storm. Neteyam finds himself on the familiar cliff spot he hasn't been to in a while, allowing himself to be drenched as he stares blankly out at the heavy rain meeting the ocean's surface.

Even though he feels chilled when the wind blows, he still refuses to seek shelter or go home.