Sick Days »» Will Halstead

My eyes opened very slowly, adjusting to the light from the sun. It's shining brightly through my open window as a cool breeze blows throughout my room. The room is quiet, yet warm due to it being summer. My body is wrapped comfortably under the sheets where I've been laying for the past two days. I woke up a few days ago with a headache, sore throat, and fever.

The doctor prescribed me medication with the order to rest. Being off work sucks but there's no way I can work in a hospital when having the flu. Will is working today but every chance he gets, he tried to take care of me. His shift should be over in a couple of hours then he will be home. My throat feels dry so I decided to crawl out from under the warm blankets to head downstairs for some water.

I grab the fuzzy grey blanket off my bed and wrap it tightly around my body. My feet moved slowly down the steps and into the kitchen where I grab a glass and fill with water. As I'm drinking, the sound of the front door could be heard opening and closing. Feeling confused I set down my cup and head towards the living room. There stood Will shrugging off his jacket and hanging it up.

"Y/n." He says my name once turning around and noticing me. A smile is etched on his face. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," my voice comes out soft yet tired. "My head is killing me. But wait why are you home so early?"

"They let me come home early so I can take care of you." He says and I grin. He rests his hand on my forehead and notices I've still got a fever.

"You go back to bed and I'll go grab you some of your medicine. You should be resting anyway." He practically orders me. I give him a small smile then make my way back into the bedroom and under the blankets. A few minutes go by and he enters the room with a glass of water in his left hand and some medication in his right. I sit and take the medicine before laying back down. 

"Are you feeling any better at all?" He looks at me, an eyebrow raised, and concern on face. I shake my head no and give him a sad look. It's sucks being sick. "Maybe we should call your doctor tomorrow." He suggest. I agree and ask him to stay with me for a while. He does and we turn on a movie.

Halfway through the movie, my eyes start slowly going closed. He notices this and wraps his arm around me, allowing me to rest my head on his chest. He's told me once before that he doesn't care if he gets sick as long as he gets to be close to me. Sounds crazy but he's sweet. That's all I remember before falling into a deep sleep.

Will pov

I suddenly hear soft snores coming from next to me and look down to find her sleeping. There's a smile on my face as I turn off the tv. Carefully I climb out from underneath the white sheets to go shut the window. I slide the blue curtains closed, trying to make it as dark as possible.

A few hours go by when the sound of footsteps could be heard coming down the creaky stairs. She must be awake. Perfect timing because I've just gotten her soup ready. She enters the kitchen, a small but very tired smile on her lips. "What's all this." She asks, confused.

"Dinner for you. Sorry it's not much but it's one of the only things that will help you feel better." I reassure her. She thanks me, telling me that she appreciates it. We have dinner together before laying down. She isn't tired so we resume our movie from before and continue it while laying in bed. But before I know it my eyes had closed and I fell asleep.

"Goodnight, Will." Is the last thing I hear before going to sleep.