Hangover »» Will Halstead 🚑

Word count; 825

I stepped through the doors of the ED with the worlds largest hangover

I stepped through the doors of the ED with the worlds largest hangover. The sunglasses on my face dropped low on my nose. Wasn't the best idea to get blackout drunk last night even though I was being dared to do shots. Stupid dare. And stupid me for listening. Now I'm going to be hungover the whole morning while trying to treat patients.

Probably should have called off but since my attendance is so good, I couldn't. I'm stubborn and wanted to keep my perfect attendance. It makes me feel like people would be disappointed to see I've broken it. Especially my boyfriend Will Halstead. He's very caring and loves me no matter what. Thinking of the fact that he would be disappointed in me makes me sad.

I continued my walk until throwing all my stuff into my locker then heading straight into the ED. It's time to get to work without showing I'm massively hungover. My eyes are probably red and everyone can see it now that I've taken off my glasses. Maggie told me there's a patient waiting in trauma room 3 so I head in there and see what's wrong.

My stomach turned seeing a little boy with a fork sticking out of his hand. Any other day this wouldn't bother me but right now I want to vomit. "Hi I'm Dr. Y/l/n. Can you tell me how this happened?" I ask the boy. He becomes shy and hides behind his dad. I smile at him and look up at his father for an answer.

"Well I was making breakfast and I look away for one minute only to hear him scream. He says he wasn't paying attention when he was playing with his fork."

He had to of stabbed himself pretty hard for that fork to be stuck in his hand like that. Unfortunately I'm not qualified to take it out but Dr. Marcel is. I do the best I can before paging Crockett to come down. As I'm standing at the front desk a wave of nausea hits me. I try swallowing hard to keep myself from throwing up.

"How much did you drink last night?" I hear and look up to see Will. He's giving me a look of concern.

"Not much just like twenty shots and everything in between." I play it off as if I didn't drink the whole damn bar last night.

"Maybe you should go home. I'll stop by on my lunch break to check up on you." He suggested but I shook my head no. It's only a hangover and plenty of people get them when they drink too much. I'll be fine.

"Thanks but no thanks. I've got a job to do and people that need cared for." I say before walking away to help my next patient. He sighed watching me leave but he doesn't understand that it's only a hangover and I'm not dying. When my lunch break came around I started feeling better as I head to the cafeteria.

I get my food then take a seat just as Will enters. He sits next to me and raises his eyebrow at me. "I'm fine Will," I glance at him then start drowning my fries in ketchup. He nodded without saying a word  before stealing one of my fries. I smile at him and enjoy my lunch.

"How was your morning?" He speaks up after a moment of silence.

"Good, although one of my patients came in with a burst appendix. Other than that it was a good morning." I tell him. He wants to know if my hangover is gone and is kind of is. Both of us know that a hangover isn't such a big deal but even with something as small as that, he always looks out for me.

It's one of the many things I love so much about him. "I know you don't want to hear it but you look better. And I'm sorry for being so pushy. I just love you." He says. I smile and grab his hand in mine reassuringly.

"You weren't being pushy, just a worried boyfriend. I love you for it and it shows how much you care." I grin at him.

"How about tonight we stay in and have dinner together. We could order out or I could make you something special." He suggested and I nod my head before placing a kiss on his lips.

"Then I'll see you tonight." I say before throwing away my trash and leaving the cafeteria. After work the two of us went home where he prepared a nice meal that he wouldn't let me help with. He made my favorite as we sit down to enjoy it together.

"It beautiful thank you." I smile at him. He gives me a wink and we start eating. This is nice and I'm happy to have Will in my life.