Forever together »» Kelly Severide

A smile had made its way onto my lips watching my reflection in the mirror. The dress, my makeup, my hair, everything is just so perfect. Kelly planned a date night for us tonight and told me it's more special than any of our other ones so he wants me to wear my fanciest clothes. I chose my favorite fancy green dress. It's perfect for tonight.

We've been dating for five years and I've loved every minute of it. He truly makes me the happiest girl in the world. The bedroom door opens and reveals Kelly standing there. He looks at me in awe as if it's the first time all over again. "Wow you look absolutely beautiful y/n." He compliments.

"Thank you. You look incredible yourself. I'm excited for tonight, where are you taking me?" I ask.

"That's a surprise, sweetheart." He smirks. I grin and we leave for the restaurant he made reservations at. He parks the car and we head inside where we're seated. A nice man takes our drink orders before leaving to get them. The menu has a lot of food options but I decide to go with the steak and so does he.

"This is nice." I say after the waiter had brought our drinks and took our orders.

"Yes and it's better getting to be here with you." He replies. He grabs onto my hand and holds it in his. We have a nice time having dinner and talking. This might be a special dinner because our anniversary is next week. But he hasn't mentioned anything about that yet. He always does dinner and gets me some amazing gift for our anniversary.

After dinner he starts driving and I thought we were going home but he passed the street to our house. I frown confused. "Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." He replied.

"Are you planning on kidnapping me?" I tease. He gives me a playful look and chuckles. Ten minutes go by and we pull up in front of my old apartment building. I used to live here years ago but it got burnt down. That's how Kelly and I met. He saved me in that fire. He parks the car and stares out the window at the building.

"Why are we here?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you trust me?" He asks and I nod my head yes. "Come." He motions for me to get out and I do. We walk up to the front of the building, me still being confused by this.

"You're making me feel worried." I say to him. He turns to face me and gives a warm smile.

"Y/n we've been together five years, six next week. Every minute with you has felt unreal and you make me feel so lucky everyday. I never thought I'd meet someone such as yourself but here we are and I'm standing in front of the girl I want to be with forever." He starts saying, making my heart skip a beat.

"I love you beyond words so I wanna spend every waking moment showing you just how much." My heart starts beating fast in my chest watching him get down on one knee. He pulls out a ring and holds it up to me. "Will you, y/n y/l/n, marry me?" He asks. Looking at the hopefulness and happiness in his eyes made me smile.

"Yes Kelly. Yes I'll marry you." I smile as he slides the ring on my finger. He stands and pulls me into a passionate kiss. We're like that for a while until pulling away. He cups my cheek in his hand and smiles.

"I love you so much." He tells me.

"I love you more." I reply, hugging onto him tightly. He hugs me back, never wanting to let go. This night is perfect and one I'm sure to remember for the rest of our lives together.