Secrets »» Ethan Choi

As I'm searching through some paperwork, I could feel eyes on me and look up to see Ethan already staring. He winks and I blush before looking back down. We've been secretly dating for the past few months because we're worried about what people might think. We've had people tell us before that a relationship between us wouldn't work so we kept this a secret.

Not even our families know and we plan on keeping it that way until we think everyone is ready to know. Today has been a long one but there's only one hour left of my shift before getting to head home and get ready for our date that Ethan planned yesterday. I'm excited to spend the evening with him and in some nice restaurant. He is very sweet to me.

The hour felt like an eternity but it soon ends and we head home. I say bye to everyone then go home and get ready. He's going to be here soon to pick me up. I smile at myself in the mirror when hearing a knock at my door. Excitedly, I rush to go answer it and see him standing there all dressed up from head to toe.

"You look incredible." I compliment him and he thanks me.

"You look beautiful yourself," he smirks before pulling me into a hug. I happily return it before we leave. The whole way there we talk and enjoy each other's company. Once we arrive we get seated and start looking through the menu, waiting for our waiter. Someone comes and gets our drink orders before leaving.

"This place looks really nice." I say while looking around at the restaurant.

"I hope so. I wanted to take you somewhere nice. I want us to have a good time tonight."

"It's perfect, thank you." I smile.

We eventually order and get our food all while enjoying some small talk. After dinner he suggest we get dessert and I know of a really good ice cream place right around the corner from my apartment. There's a bit of a line so we might be here a while. Not much of a surprise because this place is really good and family owned.

"I think we should tell people." Ethan says as I'm reading the menu above the counter. I turn to face him feeling confused.

"What?" Is all I'm able to get out.

"I care about you so much and you make me happy. I don't care what other people think because this relationship is none of their business. It only matters to me what you think." He says and I smile.

"Ok sure we can tell people. But starting tomorrow after we enjoy the rest of our night."

We get our ice cream and eat on the small outdoor area in front of the building. He later takes me home and walks me back to my front door. There we stood at the end of our date smiling at each other happily. "Thank you for tonight. It was amazing and I had a really good time." I smile at him.

"I did too. We should go to that ice cream place more often." He jokes and I chuckle. "I'll see you tomorrow at work."

He leans in and kisses my cheek before we say our good nights. After he leaves I change into some comfortable clothes then crawl into bed. I feel really good about today and I'm excited to let everyone know that we're together and happy. I send him a goodnight text before shutting off my phone and falling asleep.