Before You »» Kelly Severide

Word count; 731
Kelly pov

Flashback

My hands started sweating profusely as I pick up the phone and dial the number of her favorite restaurant. It rang, and rang, until the soft hello of a woman on the other end answered. "Yes hi I'm Kelly Severide and want to make a reservation for two."

She asks me for a time and I tell her tomorrow at 8pm. She says that's perfect before we hang up. After throwing my phone on the couch I look up at myself in the mirror that hangs on the wall in my living room. It's like I didn't recognize the man staring back at me. I'm not the type of guy to do these things. I don't get super sweaty and nervous or make reservations to fancy places.

But ever since meeting y/n a couple of weeks ago, she's changed me. It feels like I'm a whole new person. She makes me feel things I've never felt before and I like it. I like her.

End of flashback

My heart got a sharp pain thinking about her and looked down at the glass of whiskey on the counter. We dated for two years and now it's all just gone. She ended things with me a few days ago because I'm an idiot. Well that's not what she said but it's what I know.

She wanted to be with someone who would open up and not have secrets but that's not me. She wanted a man who showed his feelings. I'm not the guy she was looking for. She's way out of my league and I knew that going into the relationship. She means so much to me and losing her just...hurts. A lot.

I don't need her back, I want her back. When we got together my whole world shifted. She made me see things in a whole new light. Her heart, her personality, her love, is all so big and beautiful. She made me love her. She made me love her then left and it's my fault. If I would have opened up like she wanted then this wouldn't have happened.

I throw the whiskey down the drain and grab my car keys. I've had one glass of whiskey and no I probably shouldn't be driving but I need to see her. I need to talk with her and tell her how I feel. She needs to know why I am the way I am.

When pulling up to her house, I shut the car off and walk up to her door. A million knocks later and she answers it. Her eyes slightly widen in shock seeing me then she looks slightly confused. "What are you doing here Kelly?" She asks.

"Please y/n just hear me out." I say and she nods her head for me to continue and so I do. "Listen, before you I made a lot of mistakes that I wish I could take back. But I can't. I've done some stupid things Im not proud of but being with you wasn't one of them."

"Kelly-" she starts but I cut her short.

"Before you I loved being alone. I thought I was happy without being in a relationship then I met you and things changed. You changed me for the better. I had it set in stone that I wouldn't fall in love because of my history with women. You make me feel loved. I'm sorry for not showing my emotions more or telling you I love you everyday but if you give me another chance I'll change that."

She looks at me in silence for a moment. Taking in every word that I pleaded to her. I hope she realizes that I love her and hate spending my life without her. Finally after a long silence she speaks.

"Okay fine. I'll give you another chance. But Kelly you have to realize I don't want you to change who you are because I love you for you. I just want you to open up with me more. Don't be afraid to talk to me." She says. I nod and pull her into a tight hug. She happily returns it and it felt so good being in her arms again.

"I love you so much y/n." I mumble into the hug.

"I love you too, Kelly." She whispers.