First Date »» Kelly Severide 🚒

Word count; 1016

A small yet happy smile appeared on my face while standing in front of my full length mirror

A small yet happy smile appeared on my face while standing in front of my full length mirror. The dress I'm wearing is a tight red dress with matching heels. Then there's my little black clutch to go along with the whole outfit. My best friend who happens to work at the fire station with me, Stella, helped me do my hair.

She curled it then put some hair products in it and now it flows down my back. Tonight is my first date with the man I've been crushing on for months...Kelly Severide. We occasionally shared longing glances at each other at work but never really acted upon our feelings until yesterday. He asked me out after we got back from putting out a complicated and dangerous fire.

Now I'm sitting in my apartment waiting for him to come pick me up. He said there's a nice restaurant he wants to take me to. Apparently it's new in town and not many people know about it just yet. Ten minutes later there's a soft knock on my front door. Smiling excitedly, I answered it to find Kelly.

He's got a wide smile on his face as he takes in my outfit. "You look breathtaking." He complimented. The compliment made my cheeks flush.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." I returned the nice compliment. That wasn't a lie either because he really does look nice and it tells that he put a lot of thought into what he's gonna wear.

"These are for you," he handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They're roses and not sure if he knows but those are my favorite kind of flowers. After thanking him and putting them in some water we left for our date. The drive took around ten to fifteen minutes and we spent that whole time talking.

After getting there the nice waitress found us a table. We sat down and put in our drink orders then looked through the menu. "Their steak looks pretty good." He commented while eyeing the menu.

"Yeah it does but so does their pasta section." I stated. We took a minute until finally deciding on what we wanted. He ended up going with the steak as for me I got the chicken Parmesan. Considering many people don't know about this place it sure was packed. The service was slow due to all the people but that's okay.

"I'm happy you agreed to go on this date with me," he started and I looked up at him from my drink. "I've liked you for the longest time and it makes me feel like the luckiest man alive to be here with you."

"That's sweet and I feel the same way. I have liked you for a long time and when you asked me out it kind of surprised me. I never thought a guy as amazing as you would ever like me."

He grabbed both my hands in his and held them tightly. "Your perfect." He assured and it made me smile. It's like he always knows the right thing to say and get me flustered. The waitress finally came with our food and we were sure to thank her.

"Oh my god this is really good," he smirked after taking the first bite. I smiled and took my first bite and it is good. The food here is worth the price for sure. That's something I've been thinking about ever since getting here. It makes me feel bad letting my date pay for my meals. Hopefully he won't mind when I try and pay for our dinner.

We ended up having a good time and talked about anything and everything. By the end of the date he persisted on paying until I won and payed for both of us. He did mention that on our second date he's paying. That made me happy to hear he wants a second one. Instead of going straight home after we decided to drive around and talk some more.

As I'm telling him a funny story that's happened to me at work I felt him reach over and grab my hand in his. The gesture made me happy as I continued talking. "Do you remember your first time driving the fire truck and you almost crashed us into a gas station?" He asked.

I laughed and shook my head at my stupid self. "Hey, that wasn't really my fault! Otis kept yelling at me that we're gonna die."

"And we almost did." He laughed making me join in. We have had some good times working together and still do. After the amusing and very fun car ride he dropped me off at home and walked me to my door. "This is me," I sighed as we stopped in front of my apartment.

"I had a nice time with you tonight, y/n." He gave me a warm smile.

"I had a good time as well, Kelly."

We kind of just stood there staring into each other's eyes for what felt like forever. I took notice of his eyes darting down to my lips then back into my eyes. Taking a risk I leaned in and kissed him softly. He seemed to like that as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

It went from soft to passionate quickly as we shared our first kiss together. Once pulling away we were both left breathless. My heart is racing and my lips are swollen. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." He mumbled breathlessly.

I blushed and gave him a smirk. He doesn't understand how long I've wanted to kiss him either. "I hope to do this again soon," I grinned. He tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear before smiling at me.

"Until next time." He said before leaving for the night. I went inside and locked the door before completely melting over that amazing kiss we just shared.