Reunited »» Ethan Choi 🚑

Word count; 772

My feet entered the hospital nervously as I look around for someone named Maggie. Today is my first day working at MED and I was told to talk with a Maggie about getting a tour. I'm working in the ED. This is my first week back in Chicago after spending the past five years in New York.

I used to date this guy, Ethan Choi, but we ended things suddenly then I moved away. Now I'm back and ready to start my first day of work. Being a doctor is everything to me and it's something I've always been passionate about. Saving people makes me feel good even though there are sad moments in this line of work.

"You must be y/n." A nice girl smiled at me.

"Maggie." I nodded when seeing her name tag.

"Yes and I will show you around and let you know how things work around here."

We went around the ED while she showed me everything and introduced me to people I'll be working with like April, Natalie, and Will. She took me where the elevators are located and showed me around. The doors to the elevator opened and my heart stopped beating.

There stood Ethan, my Ethan. Well he isn't mine anymore but still. He looked at me wide eyed, probably the same look on my face. I'm in complete shock to see that he works here too. I knew he was a doctor when we were together but I didn't think he worked at this specific hospital.

"Y/n." He said, his voice low.

"You two know each other?" Maggie frowned confused.

"Something like that yea," I nodded my head as my eyes stayed glued to him.

"Maggie I need you." April called. Maggie excused herself then left to help April. Ethan stepped closer to me and looked me up and down then gave me a soft smile.

"You still look great." He complimented.

"Thanks. You look good too. How have you been these last five years?" I ask him, still a bit shocked from seeing him.

"At first I was heartbroken that I lost you but I don't know. I'm better now. How about you?" He asks.

"Same. I was upset and depressed but I'm okay now and happy to be working here." I told him. He smiled and nodded at the hospital.

"It's great here, your definitely going to love it." He told me. He ended up helping me out the rest of the day and taking all the same patients I had. Honestly it felt good working with him again and I'm happy we got to meet after all these years of not speaking.

I can't even remember what our breakup was about anymore. Just seeing him makes me happy. Hopefully he feels the same way otherwise I'm going to look like a complete fool. The day came to an end and we started gathering our things to go.

On my way out of the hospital Ethan caught up to me. "I know this seems sudden but would you wanna grab a drink with me at this great bar I know called Molly's?" He asked.

I nodded as we made our way to the parking lot. When getting there I smiled at the cute little bar. The two of us went inside where we saw some people that we work with inside. Maggie gave us a hello before she went back to talking with some other people.

"Hey man, what's up?" A guy asked as he came over to Ethan.

"Good. How about you?" They talked for a minute before Ethan introduced me.

"And Kelly meet y/n." He introduced. I smiled and shook his hand. The two of us then sat down and ordered some drinks. We talked and caught up and to be honest it felt nice.

"I'm having a great time with you tonight." Ethan admitted to me.

"Me too. I'm happy we could reconnect like this," I agreed. When the night ended he took me home where he walked with me back to my front door.

"Goodnight y/n." He smiled.

"Goodnight Ethan."

The silence between us felt longing until he leaned in and kissed me softly. It surprised me at first but I kissed him back as my arms wrapped around his neck. When pulling away he rested his forehead against mine. "I still love you and I think I always have." He whispered.

"I love you too." I grinned. I'm really happy I moved back to Chicago, otherwise the two of us might not have gotten to this point. I love Ethan Choi.