A baby »» Matt Casey

The clock on the wall ticked by real slow making my nerves even more irritated than before. The pain in my stomach came and went, making it hard to even stand some times. This hospital room is dull and boring. I'm ready to go home even though we just got here less than three hours ago. Matt went out into the hall so he could talk with the doctor.

I'm currently in labor and waiting for this baby to just come out already. My mom wasn't much help over the phone when she said I could be in labor for up to two days like she was with me. Her and my dad are trying to catch the next flight out so they can be here for the birth of their grandson but the rain storm is making it hard.

It's too early for an epidural so I'm waiting out these annoying contractions. Another one hits me as I'm pacing my room back and forth. I sit on the edge of the bed, groaning in pain. My pain tolerance has always been terrible so this really hurts. "Ok ow." I mutter under my breath. My hand is rested on my stomach as I'm hunched over in pain.

Matt enters the room and sees me having another contraction. He comes over to my side and wraps his arms around me, trying to hold me up. "I know this sucks but remember our son will be here soon and it will all be worth it." He tries assuring me.

"You're right..." I look him in the eyes, pain in mine. "This does suck."

He smiles softly and kisses the top of my head. Our friends promised to visit as soon as they could so they could meet the baby and see me. Eventually I lay back in bed and take in a breath. Thankfully that contraction is finally over. Matt suggested I take a nap and that sounds like a great idea because I'm tired.

When I woke up it was night time. I must have slept all day long.  The room is empty and it made me curious, wondering where Matt is. There's a knock at my door and I tell whoever it is to come in. It's Kelly and Stella. They give me a smile as they enter the room. "How are you y/n?" Kelly asks.

"I'm good thank you. Ready for this baby to come out though." I joke. They laugh.

"We brought you this," Stella hands me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear. I thank them for the generous gift and set it on the table.

"Have you guys seen Matt?" I ask.

"He ran down to the cafeteria for a few minutes but he should be back soon." Kelly tells me. I nod. We spend about an hour together then they leave. The contractions got closer together so my doctor decided to give me the epidural and it helped immensely. Turns out I was in labor for 27 hours and our baby boy was finally born.

There we sit in our hospital room staring down at the perfect baby in my arms. "I love him so much." Matt says as he smiles at our baby.

"I know me too."

I hand him over to Matt so he can hold him too and seeing the two of them together put a smile on my face. He is going to be such an incredible dad. We waited for what felt like forever for this baby and now that he's here, my heart and family feels full.

"Thank you y/n." Matt says as he looks up at me from our child. I frown.

"Why?"

"For giving me the greatest gift I could have ever asked for." He replies.

"I love you both so much." I grin happily.

"I love you too." He says.