Time Together »» Matt Casey 🚒

Word count; 583

I step outside of the police station, where I work, and feel the cold winter air hit my face. Winters weren't always my favorite season. Personally I prefer spring time or summer, so the warm seasons. My cold body shakes and my teeth chatter as I rush to get in my equally cold car. I'm sure to turn the heat up and make my way to the firehouse. My boyfriend Matt works there and I'm surprising him for lunch today.

After getting there, I grab our lunch and head inside. Kelly greets me almost immediately after entering and tells me Matt is in the kitchen. I thank him before heading back. There he stood at the counter, talking with Joe. As soon as he sees me walking over he smiles. "Hey," he greets. "what are you doing here?"

"Hi y/n." Joe smiles.

"Hi guys. I brought us some lunch. I thought we could eat together.." I replied. Matt agrees and we go to his office and eat alone together. Lately we haven't been spending much time together due to work amongst other things. Finally today we get some alone time together and I'm happy about it. I love spending time with him, even if it's a quick lunch date.

"Have you guys figured out how that house fire started last week?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Kind of. Kelly has been working with OFI and so far not much." He replies. I assure him it will be okay and these things just take time. "I missed this. It's so important for us to spend quality time together."

"I know. It feels like our schedules are so busy lately that we don't have time for anything except work." I say. He nods.

"How has work been for you?" He looks up at me from his sandwich.

"Stressful. Voight has been on my case about a group of missing girls. He thinks it's something deeper than a kidnapping and partenered Atwater up with me." I explain.

"What do you think?" He frowns.

"I'm just ready to find these girls and bring them home safe."

He smiles and kisses my forehead causing me to smirk. "What was that for?"

"Because I love you. One of the things that made me fall so hard for you was your big heart. You always put others above yourself no matter what. I admire you and everything you do for other people." He tells me and I thank him. Today was much needed and I'm happy we got this time. After lunch ended we both got back to work until the end of the day.

He got home before me because when I walked through the door, he had a nice romantic dinner set up for us and it made me smile. We sat together and I gave him a thank you kiss before we ate. I appreciate him more than he knows and try to show him that every chance I get. We were made for each other. I am his and he is mine.

Later that night we lay in bed cuddled close to one another, his arms around me tightly. "Getting to have the time we did today made it perfect. I love you." I whisper.

"I couldn't agree more. You mean so much to me and I'm blessed beyond words that I get to have you." He says then kisses my head. "Goodnight beautiful." He compliments me.

"Goodnight baby." I reply tiredly.