Road Trip »» Will Halstead

"Is that everything?" I ask, setting the suitcase down by the front door. Will examines all the bags and shakes his head as if he's not sure. We're going on a four hour road trip to visit my parents and since we both love road trips so much, we want to be prepared. He finally agrees we have everything after looking at my two suitcases and his two.

We're going to be gone for about a week so we thought two bags should be enough. I'm the type of person to pack way more clothes than I need. I also pack lots of hygiene products as if they're going out of style. I'm a very thorough person. We grab all our things and throw them into the trunk of the car before heading off.

We're sure to fill up on gas and get snacks before officially leaving. The first twenty or thirty minutes is just filled with a calm silence. He's driving because I'm tired and didn't sleep well last night. "You should rest for a bit." He says, his eyes glancing at me then back at the road.

"I think that's a good idea." I smile while leaning my head back and trying to get comfortable. I end up sleeping for the next two hours before waking up feeling better. I frown while checking my phone for the time. It's 10:38am.

"Good morning, beautiful." Will smirks over at me. I give a small smile and sit up in my seat.

"Hey," I reply while searching the cupholders for the water bottle I had gotten at the gas station earlier.

"It's in the bag next to your feet." He says, knowing exactly what I'm searching for. I thank him and take a drink. For some reason I'm feeling kind of dehydrated. I hear him laugh and look over confused. "What's so funny?" I ask.

"Nothing other than the fact that you drank almost that entire bottle within a few seconds."

"You rather I be dehydrated?" I smile sarcastically. He shakes his head and laughs at me. I turn on some music to listen to while continuing this road trip. I had offered to drive the rest of the way but he wanted to. So the rest of the trip was spent listening to music, playing some car games and talking. We haven't had a lot of time together lately with work and such so we were happy to have this week off.

"Only twenty more minutes until we're there." He points out.

"Good I'm ready to get out of this car for a while. Plus I'm excited to see my parents after months of not being able to." I say. He grabbed my hand and held it while giving me a warm smile.

"I think I might need a nap." He says and I chuckle but agree. We got up early and I'm sure he's tired. Soon enough we get there and take all our things in the house and greeting my parents. They said how happy they are that we're finally here. Growing up my dad has always been a jokester so he loves to tease Will. It felt really good being home and back in my childhood bedroom. All my things are left the same as when I left this house.

They wanted to keep my stuff just incase I have kids one day and pass down some things. Will had excused himself later to go nap and I spent majority of the afternoon with my parents. I'm happy to be spending a week in the same house as my three favorite people. Maybe four soon if my older sister decides to come visit. She is always busy so we never know when we'll see her.

Later I help my mom prepare dinner and the four of us sit to eat. "How was the drive here?" My dad asks.

"It was good especially because I didn't have to drive." I laugh.

"She offered but driving keeps me awake so I decided to drive the whole way here." Will smiles.

"I'm happy you guys got here safely." My mom says. I smile at her.

"So when are we going to see a ring, Will?" My dad asks.

"Yes or grandchildren." My mom adds. I sigh knowing this was going to come up again. We've been dating for about six years and we haven't rushed anything. But my parents are always pressuring us to get married and have kids. They don't mean any harm by it but it'll happen when we're ready.

Will and I share a look before he clears his throat and sets his fork down. "Like we said before we aren't ready yet." I tell them. They agree and quickly change the subject.

Later that night when getting ready for bed I step out of the bathroom and crawl into bed. Will holds me close and kisses my head. "I've been thinking about it a lot lately." He whispered.

"What?" I ask, my voice quiet.

"Marriage and spending my life with you. It doesn't seem so far fetched when we both love each other and I know you're who I want to spend forever with."

I turn to face him and see the hopeful look in his eyes. Of course I want to marry him but I don't want this to be our proposal. "What are you saying?" I ask.

"You'll see...soon enough." He smirks before leaving me with a kiss and going to sleep. That one sentence kept me awake most of the night thinking about what this man has in store.