Friends to Lovers »» Will Halstead 🚑

Word count; 566
Will Pov

My eyes dart up from the paperwork in my hands to see y/n standing there talking, flirting, with some doctor whose job is to deliver babies. Not sure why he's on this floor considering it's the ED and last time I checked there aren't any pregnant women down here. Maggie thinks I'm jealous but I'm not. Or maybe I am. I've had a thing for y/n for a very long time and every time I tried to ask her out it wasn't the right time.

Now she's wanting someone else and now doesn't feel like it's the right time either. It started to annoy me seeing them flirt so I walk away and go help my patients. I get someone discharged after figuring out what was wrong with them. Maggie comes up to me and tells me there's another patient she'd like y/n and I to help. Internally I groan but agree.

"Hey Halstead." Y/n grins at me as she looks through the paperwork on this patient.

"Hello Y/l/n." I smile. We head in and see it's a little girl and from her chart it says she fell off her bike.

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Rivers," y/n greets the family.

"I'm Dr. Halstead and this is my friend Dr. Y/l/n," I look at the girl. "Can you tell us what happened?"

She looks very shy and doesn't want to talk so I smile and look to the parents for answers. They say she fell off her bike and they're scared she broke her arm. We assure her it's okay and we'd do an X-ray to confirm the break.

Turns out she did break her arm and has a few scrapes. But overall she will be okay. Y/n and I get her bandaged up then discharged. The day ends soon after and I start grabbing my things out of my locker. As I'm putting on my jacket, y/n walks into the room. "Hi." She smiles then starts grabbing her stuff. I say hi back then throw my bag over my shoulder.

Thoughts of her with that doctor run through my head and I can't take it anymore. I've got to ask her out. The worst that happens is she says no and I move on. Sighing I turn around and walk over to her. She turns to me confused as I grab her arm in my hand, pulling her closer to me. I wrap my arm around her waist then place a kiss on her lips. That was one way of asking her out.

She is shocked at first and doesn't kiss back. But eventually she does and cups my cheek in her hand, deepening the kiss. That made me happy until pulling away from each other. "What was that for?" She asks breathlessly. I let out a much needed breath and smiled at her.

"I can't stand the thought of you with someone else." I reply. She doesn't say anything and kisses me again. I melt into it and nothing feels more right than this moment with her.

"Oh my God, finally!" Maggie yells and we laugh at her. This is perfect and so is y/n. I finally got the girl and normally guys like me...we never get the girl. This is a win. She's my win.