I love you »» Ethan Choi

The popcorn finally gets done popping in the microwave so I take it out and dump it into the glass bowl. Ethan and myself decided to have a Friday movie night/date night. We haven't in a few weeks and felt this is needed. Our relationship sort of moved quickly ever since we began dating six months ago. We're already living together but only because the apartment building he was living in caught on fire.

He had no where else to go so I offered my apartment. Ever since living together, it has been great. We have some disagreements but nothing we can't workout in the end. He is in the living room preparing a few things  that he said is a surprise. So I'm just getting some snacks. He calls for me and I enter the living room with the bowl of popcorn in one hand and candy in the other. A smile appears on my face seeing blankets set out and the movie all ready in the dvd player.

"What do you think?" He gestures to the room around us. There's fairy lights strung up across the wall and window. I'm so happy he did all this and really set the mood for us.

"I love it all. I'm excited to be spending this time with you." I assured. He grins and takes the popcorn from me. We get comfortable on the couch and under the blankets before unpausing the movie. We get a little over halfway through when he wraps his arm around my shoulders. I rest my head on him and move closer to him.

The moment felt good and I'm so incredibly happy to be sitting here with him. I always cherish the time we spend together. We've grown so close and I care about him so much. He is becoming such an important person in my life and hopefully I am to him too. A romantic scene comes on where the couple that hasn't seen each other in six months reunite and kiss for the first time in a while. It's cute and makes me smile.

"I love you." I hear Ethan say and my heart beats a bit quicker. This is the first time he's said that to me since we got together. Of course I feel the same way but I'm not sure how to feel right now. Like I mentioned before, our relationship moved quickly. I just don't want to lose him or rush something so good.

When the silence went on too long he paused the tv and turned his head to look at me. He studies my face, trying to see if there's any answer in my eyes. "Y/n, I'm sorry if that was too soon." He says. I shake my head and finally look into his eyes. I give him a soft smile and cup his cheek in my hand.

"No it's okay, I...I was caught off guard but Ethan, I love you too." I reply. He smiles and plants a sweet kiss on my lips. We pull away and continue the rest of our movie. The night is perfect and I'm happy he's the first one to say those three words because I don't know if I could have. The movie soon ends and we head to bed since it's late and I'm getting tired. He holds me close, making me feel warm and happy about how tonight has gone.

"Ethan," I whisper.

"What?"

I turn and face him, his eyes staring back into mine. I smile softly and move closer to him. "I love you."

He smirks and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to his chest. "I love you too." He says before kissing my head.