Birthday »» Matt Casey 🚒

Word count; 754

The wind harshly blew my hair as I stepped out of my car. I tugged my jacket closer to my body before making my way into the fire station. Today I'm meeting up with Kelly and some of the others so we can plan my boyfriend Matt's birthday party. Today Matt has work off but is running a lot of errands. Makes perfect time for me to sneak off and do this since I'm not working today either.

"Hey y/n! Good to see you." Sylvie says as she hops into the ambulance. I greet her back as she leaves.

"Y/n!" I hear my name being called and turn to see Kelly. I smile at him and say hello. "Follow me and we'll start the plans."

I do as he says and head to the common room/kitchen. Everyone is waiting and by that I mean Joe and Stella. We all sit and start talking about where this party should be. We agree on having it at my place; the one that Matt and I share. I'm nervous about this and don't want anything to go wrong. His birthday is tomorrow and that's when we're doing it.

"Everyone know what they're getting him?" Stella asks.

"I already got my gift ." I say.

"Okay and who is getting the cake?" Joe asked, looking around at all of us. I assure them I got the cake covered and everyone is pitching in on bringing food.

"I'm picking the cake up from the bakery tomorrow at around noon." I tell them. They nod agreeing. Once all the plans were sorted out I leave and go finish running the rest of my errands. There's this new cologne that just came out and Matt has been wanting it. And I got him a keychain that has the date of when we met on it. Then there's another keychain for me that matches. It has the date of our first date together on it.

I'm hoping he likes it all and that nothing goes wrong. So far no one has spoiled the surprise and I'm trying to keep it that way.

*Next day*

I smile seeing everything coming together as Mouch hangs the last of the decorations. Kelly is putting the candles on the cake and Stella is putting all the gifts on it's own table. Everyone is here and Matt should be home soon. He had an appointment today but should be getting home any minute now.

"This party is turning out good. Matt is lucky to have someone like you." Kelly smiles and I thank him for that and everything he has done. He has been such a big help and a great friend to Matt. We suddenly hear a car pull up and Sylvie looks out the window. "Guys it's him!" She whisper yells. We all turn the lights off then hide.

I could barely contain the smile on my face as we hear the doorknob wiggle. Once it opens and he turns on the lights we jump out, yelling surprise. His eyes widen then a smile takes over his face. "Oh my God." He says shocked.

"Happy birthday Matt." I grin. He comes over to me and wraps me in a tight hug.

"Thank you for this baby. Its amazing, I love you." He whispers. I pull away and give him a kiss before we get the party started. Everyone including Matt had a great time. When it came time for him to open his gifts a smile appeared on my face as he got to mine. He opens the cologne first and thanks me profusely for it, seeing as he's been wanting it since it came out.

Next he opened the keychains and read the date on them. His face softened seeing it and looked at me lovingly. "This is perfect, y/n. Thank you so much for this." He compliments. I hug him before letting him get back to opening gifts.

Once the party is over and everything got cleaned up, Matt and I head to bed. He pulls me close to his chest as I snuggle up to him. "Your gift meant a lot to me. I remember when we met like it was yesterday." He says.

"Me too. I'm happy you had such a great time. I really wanted to do something special for you."

"It was perfect. I love you." He mumbles before kissing my head.

"I love you too." I reply, a smile on my face.