Impossible

July 5th
When you're young

•••••••••

"Never grow up, never go to school, just don't."

Peter glanced up, raising an eyebrow at his brother. "Surely it can't be that hard?" He asked.

Edmund scoffed. "I'd like to see you try it." He muttered.

Peter frowned. "You're meant to be the smart one." He pointed out.

"That would usually be the case yes, smarter than you anyway," Edmund said, getting a playful glare from his brother. "But I am convinced that this is completely impossible to solve."

"Give it here." Peter took the maths book, hearing Edmund mutter something about how everything is so much easier when you're young and that school is just a waste of time.

He stared at the puzzle for ages, before laughing. "That's hurting my head." He said, handing it back.

"See!" Edmund exclaimed. "I'm pretty sure someone has just made this up to have a laugh."

"There's no way that's an actual maths question." Peter said, turning back to his own homework.

"I swear schools expect us all to be maths geniuses by the time we're 16." Edmund grumbled, standing up to make himself a cup of tea.

"Maybe a coffee might be a little more suited," Peter said. "You may very well be up all night with that question."

"Yeah right," Edmund muttered. "I'm just not doing it, because it's quite literally impossible."

•••••••••