Chapter 2

The slope was not high. About half an hour later, Yu Zhou climbed over it and walked to the pond where water celery grew.

Just as Aunt Chen said, water celery grew all over the pond. Yu Zhou walked around the pond, trying to find a place where he could pick water celery without getting into the water.

After all, the temperature was still low, and he had just fallen into the water yesterday. If he got cold, he would not be able to afford medical treatment as he was penniless now, not to mention the medical conditions here.

Yu Zhou had been poor before, so he knew that only a healthy body was the capital for struggle.

But he hadn't chosen the place to go down, when suddenly a pheasant flew over the pond and flew into the forest opposite.

Yu Zhou's heart moved when he saw it. When he was a child, he heard from the old people in the village that when pheasants lay eggs, they are in the thatched grass beside the path in the forest, and they can be easily found.

Anyway, he had nothing else to do now, so he could try his luck. If he could catch a pheasant, it would be great. If he couldn't catch one, it wouldn't be a loss.

So Yu Zhou found a crooked tree as a guide at the place where the pheasant flew in, and walked into the forest.

When he was still some distance away from the crooked tree, Yu Zhou found a small path. He knew there was a chance, so he unconsciously slowed down his steps, and his eyes did not miss any place where the pheasant might hide.

After searching quietly for a few minutes, he really found the pheasant hiding under the tree, covered by a clump of grass.

The pheasant was probably laying eggs and didn't realize that danger was approaching.

Yu Zhou quietly took off his outer robe, stretched his clothes as wide as possible with his hands, and when he tiptoed to the side of the tree, he quickly covered the pheasant's head with the outer robe.

The pheasant was caught unawares, flapping its wings and struggling to get out of the clothes.

How could Yu Zhou give it a chance to escape since it was already in his hands? He pressed the pheasant to the ground with one hand and quickly reached into the clothes with the other hand to grab the pheasant's two wings.

Then he ignored the clothes that fell on the ground and neatly pinched a handful of straw to tie the wings and feet of the pheasant into a knot.

After confirming that the pheasant could not escape no matter how hard it struggled, Yu Zhou weighed it happily. The pheasant was estimated to weigh nearly two kilograms, enough for him to eat for a whole day.

Just as he was holding the pheasant in one hand and trying to pick up the outer robe on the ground with the other hand, a very surprised male voice sounded from the other end of the path.

"Yu Zhou?"

Yu Zhou looked up and saw a man who looked about 40 years old, holding a bow in his hand, looking at the pheasant in his hand with surprise, as if he had seen something strange.

Yu Zhou had no impression of this man. Being stared at by him, he subconsciously hid the pheasant in his hand behind his back and nodded, "It's me."

"Is it raining red?" the man said in disbelief, "You didn't stay at home and stare at your few broken books, but ran to the mountains to catch pheasants?"

There was a lot of information in his words, and his tone was too surprised. After hearing it, Yu Zhou didn't know why he didn't dare to look at the man, so he turned his face away and muttered softly, "It's not that there is no food at home..."