Chapter 116 Only Like Me

Giving Chenchen a younger brother is not something they can do immediately, they can only make various preparations in advance.

But many other trivial matters are waiting there and need to be dealt with urgently, such as renovating the house.

On the way back, Yu Zhou and Jinchuan had already agreed to demolish the old house and rebuild a three-story house at the original address.

First, their current house is really not big enough. Lin Yue and his wife both have to sleep in the small side room behind the kitchen, which was used to store sundries. If there is another guest at home, they can only move out the small bed in Yu Zhou's study.

This is really inconvenient, and not everyone is suitable to live in the study.

In addition, Yu Zhou is now a juren, and his family is not short of money. Living in those three shabby houses is a bit of a loss of points.

The three-story house is much larger than the original one, so before building it, Yu Zhou has to buy some more land next to it.

Fortunately, his house is originally remote. Except for the side next to Chen's house, the other side and the back are unowned, so it is easy to buy them.

The next day, Yu Zhou went to the county government office, explained his purpose, and paid the silver. The county magistrate directly sent someone to measure the place with him.

In addition to the land required for a three-courtyard house, Yu Zhou also reserved some more space. If there is a need for expansion later, there is no need to buy more land. And even if there is no expansion, the extra land can be used as a vegetable garden.

After the land is enclosed, it is time to buy bricks, tiles and wood for building the house, and to prepare a place for their family to live during the construction period.

Yu Zhou and Jinchuan have some plans of their own, but they have no experience after all, so when discussing these things, they asked the Chen family to come and help with reference.

Aunt Chen reminded: "When buying bricks, tiles and wood, you can ask the village masons to help you look. They know where to buy good things and the price of each one, so that they don't ask for too much when they see that you don't understand."

"That's exactly what I plan to do." Before crossing, Yu Zhou always believed that if you have to do something and you can't do it well, then spend money to ask professionals to do it well. Why bother yourself and worry about messing things up?

Jinchuan continued, "As for where to live, we want to give some money and find someone in the village who has an old house to live in for two or three months."

"Why look for someone else?" Aunt Chen disagreed, "I have a room that has been empty and a utility room in my house, but as you know, both rooms are not very big and not very spacious to live in. But it's better than running back and forth every day. If you want to go to my house to see the progress of the house, isn't it just a step away?"

Aunt Chen also added, "As for things, let your uncle and aunt clean up half of the main room, which should be enough for you."

Yu Zhou pondered for a moment. Apart from anything else, Aunt Chen's words made sense in that it was convenient to take care of it because the distance was close, and he was also very tempted, so after exchanging glances with Jinchuan, he nodded and said, "Then I will trouble you for the next two months."

"What trouble is it?" Aunt Chen said with a smile, "It's more lively if we live together."

After the matter was settled, before the autumn harvest, several people acted quickly.