Chapter 98

Just Consider It a Dowry

Ranking 10th in the college exam was indeed a very good result for Yu Zhou, and his ranking fluctuated only a few places in the three Tongsheng exams, from the county exam to the college exam, which was quite stable.

But for the Zhang family, Yu Zhou was only able to pass the exam at his age and become a scholar. Although he was not mediocre, he was not outstanding either.

The fact that the old man praised Yu Zhou with such satisfaction proved that he really liked Yu Zhou.

On the contrary, Yu Zhou felt quite embarrassed to be looked at like this by everyone. Because he always felt that the way the old man and the old lady looked at him was inexplicably similar to the look of satisfaction they gave Chen Chen after he finished a bowl of food obediently.

Jinchuan also excitedly pulled Yu Zhou's sleeve and whispered, "Husband!" The elders were all there, so even if he wanted to, he didn't dare to make any intimate moves.

The elders brought the news, so Yu Zhou and Jin Chuan felt that there was no need to go to see them again.

So Yu Zhou turned around and made a gesture of invitation to the old man and the others, "Grandfather, grandmother, go sit inside."

Jin Chuan handed Chen Chen to Yu Zhou, and turned around and walked to the kitchen, "I'll go make tea."

"Don't worry, feed Chen Chen first." The old lady said helplessly.

Yu Zhou and Jin Chuan looked at each other in confusion, and then looked at Chen Chen together, only to find that their son not only had a saliva tied around his neck, but also had a little rice paste on the corner of his mouth, which obviously looked like he had eaten half of his food.

After a while of tossing, Chen Chen finally had breakfast again, and the water for making tea was already boiling in the pot.

The old man smiled and said, "If I am admitted to the college entrance examination, I will be a scholar. You have chosen a good house. It will be convenient for me to study in the official academy in the future."

"I had already taken this issue into consideration when I bought it before." Yu Zhou has now obtained the title of a scholar, and when he says this, he sounds more confident and charming.

"At the beginning, your grandmother and I also felt that your place was a little small," the old man continued, "but after observing for a period of time, I found that you have managed it well, and at this stage, your family is also simple. Even if your children from the same clan stay here for the next year, they can live here."

Yu Zhou nodded after listening. The old man and the old lady were not very satisfied with their place at first. Although they didn't say it, anyone who was not careless would know it, after all, so many things were sent to them the next day.

But he didn't understand why the old man suddenly mentioned this. After exchanging a subtle look with Jinchuan, he continued to listen.

However, the next words came from the old lady: "Although I wanted to make Jinliang and his family too proud of themselves a few days ago, your grandfather, aunt and I really looked at a lot of shops and houses. However, after searching for a long time, we only bought a few decent shops, but we didn't see any houses that were suitable. So I discussed with your grandfather and gave these shops to you first."

Yu Zhou paused while feeding Chenchen, "We appreciate the kindness of grandpa and grandma, but as the younger generation, we have not given you anything to show filial piety. How can we ask for shops after receiving so many things from you?"