Chapter 43

"That's not the case!" As soon as Aunt Gui finished speaking, Er Gouzi, who was pulled aside by his mother, angrily retorted, "It was Brother Yu Zhou who saved Shan Wa."

Other children who were being dragged home by their parents stopped when they heard this. Then the older one who helped Yu Zhou pick up snails also ran back and stood beside Yu Zhou, stiffening his neck and saying to Aunt Gui, "Auntie, please be careful with your words. If Uncle Yu Zhou hadn't noticed it just now, no one would have noticed that Shan Wa was drowning."

After they took the lead, several other children followed suit, shook off their parents' hands, ran back and stood beside Yu Zhou, and the uncles and brothers shouted randomly, but the meaning of their words was that Yu Zhou saved Shan Wa.

Even those who didn't run back told their parents what they had just seen when asked.

Aunt Gui was surrounded by so many children and her face turned red and white.

Even the man who was walking back with Shanwa stopped and turned back to ask Yuzhou: "Were you really saving Shanwa just now?"

Before Yuzhou could speak, Ergouzi replied: "Uncle Yuzhou was really saving Shanwa just now. Shanwa was dead when he was pulled out of the water. It was only after Uncle Yuzhou pressed for a while and blew a few breaths that he got better. I kept my hand in front of Shanwa's nose, so I couldn't make a mistake."

As soon as he said this, many women turned pale with fright.

Before, everyone thought he was just choked by water, but they didn't expect that he was dead.

Ergouzi's mother rushed over and hugged Ergouzi, and asked hurriedly: "Son, you are not scared, right?"

"I'm not afraid." Ergouzi shook his head calmly.

The other women followed suit and asked their sons. After confirming that everything was fine, they looked up at Yu Zhou with obvious admiration. Although they didn't know what Yu Zhou did, being able to save a drowning person with just a few simple moves was something that even the doctors in the town's clinic could not do easily.

Seeing Aunt Gui still standing there in a daze, some women couldn't stand it anymore and advised: "Sister Gui, what you said just now was too much. Hurry up and apologize to Yu Zhou."

Someone started it, and others followed suit: "Yes, Yu Zhou saved your son, and you said you wouldn't let him go even if you became a ghost. It's too disheartening."

"That's right. In the drama, it's said that you have to repay this kind of life-saving favor by working like a cow or a horse in the next life."

Aunt Gui usually likes to talk about other people behind their backs in the village. Most people with this kind of personality are used to being selfish. Now she is surrounded by a group of people, especially some half-grown children who are shouting for her to apologize. She felt a little embarrassed and stammered for a long time: "Just now... I wrongly blamed you. I'm sorry."

Yu Zhou saved people out of instinct and didn't expect anyone's thanks. Before saving him, he didn't know who the drowning person was. Now these children have made things clear and didn't make people misunderstand that he was making trouble. That's enough.

So when he saw Aunt Gui's shy apology, he didn't feel angry, and just said calmly: "Take the child home first, don't let him catch a cold."

"We'll leave now, we'll leave now." Aunt Gui responded repeatedly, and then turned to look at the man who helped hold Shanwa, "Shanwa's Uncle Chun, thank you for your help."

After they left, the others also slowly dispersed, and the adults each took their children back.

Yu Zhou thought for a moment and called Er Gouzi's mother, "Auntie, please stay."