Chapter 45

Yu Zhou was silent for a long time, and finally spoke with difficulty, saying the words that every man is reluctant to say, "Sir, I don't think I can do it."

"Oh, really?" Mr. Wen smiled and raised his eyebrows and asked, "Then do you think I can climb Qingyan Mountain at my age?"

After saying that, Mr. Wen stroked his white beard and pretended to be old and frail.

Yu Zhou: ...

Sure enough, the old ones are still spicy, he can't compare.

"Look, that's it," Mr. Wen patted Yu Zhou on the shoulder, "Anyway, there are nearly three months before September 9th, you should prepare well, I believe you can do it."

Yu Zhou felt something in his heart when he heard this, he always felt that when the gentleman said this, the word "prepare" was two points more important than the others.

He pondered for a while, suddenly realized something, and replied helplessly: "Student understands."

The sun in early June was already very hot, and it was close to noon. Walking a few steps in the sun would make your hair hot.

After Yu Zhou came out of Mr. Wen's house, he thought of the wind blowing through the house and the cold well water, and he unconsciously quickened his pace.

The two houses were at the east and west ends of the village, and even if he ran at the fastest speed, it would take more than ten minutes.

When he got home, Yu Zhou was already sweating profusely. He was about to take off his coat to cool down, but he saw that the courtyard door was wide open and several people were standing at the door of the main hall, so he quickly tied his half-untied belt again.

Aunt Chen heard the noise at the door, looked over and said, "Boy Zhou, you're back."

"Yeah," Yu Zhou glanced at Aunt Gui and Shanwa beside Aunt Chen, and continued to look at Aunt Chen, and asked, "What are you doing?"

Aunt Chen winked at Aunt Gui, motioning her to speak.

Aunt Gui opened her mouth and hesitated.

Yu Zhou pretended not to see it and put the basket with pens, ink, paper and inkstone in front of the door of the main hall.

Seeing that Aunt Gui didn't say anything, Aunt Chen said impatiently, "Zhou boy saved your Shanwa, and you asked me and my mother to accompany you here. If you don't say it yourself, do you want us to tell you?"

"Thank you for saving Shanwa yesterday... I brought him here to thank you," Aunt Gui said to Yu Zhou shyly, and then pushed Shanwa aside, "Hurry up and thank Brother Yu Zhou."

"Thank you, Brother Yu Zhou." Shanwa repeated it, not knowing whether it was because he drowned yesterday or for other reasons, he looked a little listless.

"No need to thank me," Yu Zhou touched his head, "They are all children from the village. I would save them no matter who they are in that situation."

Aunt Gui heard his tone was quite gentle when he said this, and she felt less nervous, "And yesterday's incident was a misunderstanding in my haste, don't be angry with me."

After that, she handed the basket in her hand to Yu Zhou, and continued: "You saved Shanwa, I have nothing else to repay, these eggs are our little gift."

If it was someone else, Yu Zhou would definitely accept it. He didn't care about the things, but the main thing was that the person who gave it would feel at ease.

But it was Aunt Gui who came to thank him. He couldn't help but remember that when he and Jinchuan were not married yet, Aunt Gui came to sow discord and wanted to arrange another marriage for Jinchuan, so he didn't reach out to take it.