Chapter 123

Not Going to the Capital

Yu Zhou had a lot of things to do at home, so he only took Chenchen to Yu Wenliang's house on the afternoon of the day he returned to the village.

After a few months away from home, Yu Wenliang had grown a lot taller and looked much more mature than before. When he saw Yu Zhou and Chenchen, he cordially invited them to the study to chat.

Yu Zhou saw that although he looked tired, he was not depressed. After greeting each other, he asked, "How do you feel about this trip to the capital?"

Yu Wenliang's eyes were bright as if they were glowing, "Brother Xiaozhou, I want to take the exam again in three years."

Yu Zhou was not surprised and nodded, "It's a good thing that you have this ambition. Yunqi and A Jiang will definitely stay in the town for a while. If you have any knowledge, you can ask them more. If you have any difficulties in other aspects, you can also come to me."

Yu Wenliang was slightly stunned, and thought of something. He grinned slyly and nodded, "Okay, thank you, brother Xiaozhou."

"Are you hiding something from me?" Yu Zhou raised his eyebrows and asked.

Yu Wenliang admitted frankly, "Brother Xiaozhou will know in a few days."

Yu Zhou saw his expression and knew that it should not be an important matter, so he did not ask any more questions.

The two chatted about Yu Wenliang's future study plans. When Yu Zhou and Chenchen were about to go back, Yu Wenliang asked again: "Brother Zhou, when do you plan to go to town?"

"In a few days," Yu Zhou said, "the tea seedlings that my family cultivated a few days ago are at a critical moment and need someone to watch over them. Besides, Yunqi won the third place in the imperial examination, and there must be many people who will go to congratulate him. We will go there when he is almost done with his work."

Everyone was so familiar with each other that they all knew that He Yunqi and Tao Jiang would not care that he did not go to congratulate them in time, so Yu Wenliang said again: "I will go with you then."

Yu Zhou went back and watched for a few more days, and confirmed that most of the tea seedlings had grown roots, and then he left Lin Yue to continue watching in the field, and he took Jinchuan Chenchen and Yu Wenliang to the He family together.

He Yunqi won the third place in the imperial examination, and the He family came to congratulate him in an endless stream. Even if Yu Zhou delayed his visit for a few days, there were still other guests.

However, they were close, and the visitor was not an important person, so He Yunqi pushed the other guests to his family to entertain, and took Yu Zhou's family and Yu Wenliang to his own courtyard, and sent someone to invite Tao Jiang.

Yu Zhou saw that although he was obviously happy, he was very pale, and looked almost the same as when they first met, and very weak.

So after the greetings, he asked with concern: "You... have you been sick again?"

"Not just once," He Yunqi said, and saw the distressed look on Zhou Ning's face. Thinking of the first night after returning, the other party stroked his cheek and tears fell straight down, so he only briefly described the situation at that time, "It was cold in the capital, and I was in the Imperial Examination Hall during the joint examination. Just like the provincial examination, I fell ill when I came out. I was recovering for a month before I was a little better, and then I had to take the palace examination again."

There was no need to say too much about the rest of the words, Yu Zhou could probably guess it.

The palace examination was held in late April, presided over by the emperor, and held in the imperial palace. At this time, he was not cold, but under the majesty of the emperor, he had to answer questions, which was mentally exhausting.