Chapter 17

Just like last time, Jinchuan refused Yuzhou's suggestion to go to town with him and stayed at home alone to continue embroidering.

He could easily embroider one sachet a day, and the handkerchief took even less time.

If he could keep the price of sachets at 20 wen and handkerchiefs at 15 wen, he could make about 20 wen a day, and 600 wen a month, excluding the cost of fabric and embroidery thread.

Although Yuzhou refused to accept the money from his embroidery, he could save more money for emergencies.

Thinking of Yuzhou who was worried about money but tried not to let him see it, Jinchuan felt distressed and sweet at the same time.

He didn't stop the movement of his hands, but the corners of his mouth couldn't help but rise slowly because of these thoughts.

The result of doing two things at the same time was that someone pushed the door in from outside the yard, and the slight "creak" scared him so much that he almost got his finger pierced by the embroidery needle.

He subconsciously thought that it was Aunt Chen or Aunt Chen who came, and he looked up and shouted: "Chen..."

As a result, he had just said the word Chen, and after seeing who came in, he immediately put away the smile on his face and changed his words: "Aunt, what do you want?"

"It's my Aunt Gui. Do you remember that evening when you and Yu Zhou went to pick wild vegetables, we met at the door." Aunt Gui narrowed her eyes and smiled.

She may think that she is expressing goodwill, but she doesn't know that in the eyes of others, she is a typical thief.

Most people who have met once in Jinchuan will remember it as long as it is not three or five years later. What's more, Aunt Gui is not an ordinary person. However, after bumping into her once on the road, Chen Feng couldn't wait to tell him and Yu Zhou to avoid her as much as possible next time they meet.

Besides, he heard Aunt Chen say a few days ago that Yu Zhou also met Aunt Gui on the day he came back from town. As soon as they met, Aunt Gui started to rummage through the things in Yu Zhou's backpack, which was very rude.

Although Yu Zhou frightened her with the itchy grass on the spot, and she felt itchy for two consecutive days.

But maybe she realized that she was deceived, or she didn't realize it and wanted to take revenge on Yu Zhou.

Jinchuan frowned, put the needlework in his hand into the basket without leaving a trace, and stood up and said, "Aunt is looking for Yu Zhou, right? He went out for something just now."

He didn't dare to say that Yu Zhou went to town. The town was too far away, and it would take at least more than an hour to go back and forth. In such a long time, if Aunt Gui wanted to do something excessive, he might not be able to stop her.

He could only let her think that Yu Zhou might come back at any time.

Aunt Gui smiled and walked in without thinking, "I'm here to see you, not Yu Zhou."

Jinchuan was afraid that she would reach the main hall door if she walked any further, so he quickly put the needlework basket in the corner and went out to meet her. He blocked her in the middle of the yard without showing any expression, "Aunt, are you looking for me?"

"Yes, I'm looking for you," Aunt Gui was blocked by Jinchuan, but her eyes were always on the needlework basket at the door, and she stretched her head and said, "You were embroidering just now, right?"

"No, I was just sewing a pair of socks." Jinchuan said.

Aunt Gui tried several times but was blocked by Jinchuan. She knew it was futile to try again, so she changed her mind and sighed, "Yu Zhou is lucky. The girl from Shanwan just broke off the engagement, and he picked you up again. You are beautiful and can embroider. Tsk tsk tsk, how come you are so lucky to be his."