Chapter 109

Running in circles with excitement

The academy was closed in the middle of the twelfth lunar month. Yu Zhou did not return to the village for the New Year, so he entrusted Yu Wenliang to He Yunqi and Tao Jiang. With them around, Yu Zhou and Jinchuan did not have to worry.

They were asked to take back the New Year gifts for Mr. Wen and several elders in the village. They were not expensive, but at least they let the elders, especially those who had helped them, know that they had not forgotten everyone even in the prefectural city.

As soon as Yu Wenliang and Tao Jiang left, the house suddenly became much quieter. Yu Zhou and Jinchuan could only go to their aunt's house to visit relatives.

Fortunately, both of them had many things to do and did not have time to feel bored.

First of all, the New Year gifts for the in-laws. The Li family would send them there before the New Year every year. Yu Zhou and Jinchuan could not go, but at least they could take the gifts with them.

Both of them were inexperienced, so after discussing, they simply prepared more. After all, this was the first year since they met each other, and the New Year gifts had to be more important, not less.

Jinchuan had prepared the clothes, shoes, and socks for his grandparents, and even handkerchiefs and sachets, as well as the things from his two uncles' homes. Apart from the things they made or processed themselves, it took the two of them a whole day just to go out and buy them.

When everything was finally packed, when Zhang Wanru brought people to take it, she saw that the things could fill at least half of the carriage, and hesitated for a moment and asked: "How much did you prepare?!"

Jinchuan was really not sure, "We were wondering before, would it be less."

"These are enough for two New Year gifts," Zhang Wanru said with a smile, "but your grandparents will definitely be very happy to see the things you sent." She herself felt happy at this moment. Yu Zhou and Jinchuan prepared so many things carefully, which showed that they really cared about the two old people, and also showed that the two old people's kindness to Yu Zhou and Jinchuan was not unreturned.

After sending off the in-laws, Yu Zhou and Jinchuan picked a time to send out the things for aunt and Shen Jiaoyu. The things that should be sent before the New Year were sent off, and only the preparation of their own New Year goods was left.

Among them, various cured meats are indispensable. A large pot of fish was bought, not to mention meat.

The weather was getting colder, and there were two more people working at home. Yu Zhou didn't have to go to the academy during this period, so he didn't let Jinchuan get involved.

He rolled up his sleeves and taught Lin Yue and Zheng Xiu how to scrape the small intestine into casings. The two were indeed smart people as Zhang Wanru said. After watching him demonstrate once, Zheng Xiu said, "You go and take a rest, and the two of us will do it."

"Okay, I'll watch from the side." Yu Zhou went to wash his hands after saying that, while playing with Chen Chen next to him, he also paid attention to whether Lin Yue and Zheng Xiu knew anything.

That day, Jinchuan dressed Chenchen in a white coat, with a circle of white rabbit fur sewn on the collar and cuffs, making Chenchen look like a cute baby like ice and snow.

After warming his hands, Yu Zhou pinched Chenchen's face and asked Jinchuan, "Why didn't you keep this white coat for him? Let's wear it when it snows in a few days."

"There is also a red one," Jinchuan said, "It looks better when it snows."

After hearing what he said, Yu Zhou didn't ask any more questions. After all, even when they were in a difficult situation before, they never lacked Chenchen in food and clothing. What's more, now, his income from the storybooks is only increasing every month, and the shops that his grandparents gave to Jinchuan also have a stable income.