Chapter 128

Wake up my brother to play together

Zhang Wanru stayed in Yujia Village until Xiaoxier was one month old, and then asked to go back after half a month.

After living together for so long, their friendship became deeper. When Jinchuan heard his aunt say that she wanted to go back at the dinner table, he felt that the food was not so delicious. He was stunned for a long time with his chopsticks in his hand, and then asked in a low voice: "Aunt, can't you stay a few more days?"

"It's okay to stay a few more days," Zhang Wanru was also reluctant, "but it's less than two months before the New Year. I don't know if your cousin and his family will come back this year. Besides, it's almost the end of the year, and there are a lot of things to do at home. Your uncle must be too busy at home alone."

Jinchuan lowered his eyes. During the year he stayed in the capital, he had very close contact with his aunt's family. Naturally, he knew the situation of his aunt's family. Not to mention the New Year, even in the more than one month since he came to their house, he probably left a lot of things behind. He just couldn't bear to leave. He was silent for a long time, until Chenchen put down the spoon and looked at him in confusion, then he said: "Stay a few more days, I can prepare some things for you to take back."

Yu Zhou also agreed, "I went out this morning and saw that the road surface where the snow melted a few days ago was not completely dry. The weather has been good these two days. If it is exposed to the sun for two more days, the road will be much easier to walk on."

Chen Chen heard that his parents were trying to keep the guests, so he turned his head and looked at Zhang Wanru, calling eagerly: "Auntie~"

Zhang Wanru had already been shaken after hearing what Jinchuan and Yu Zhou said just now. When Chen Chen called her so softly, her heart melted instantly. She smiled and agreed, "Okay, okay, then I'll do as you say and stay a few more days."

Jinchuan felt better. And that afternoon, he began to prepare things for his aunt to take back to the capital.

Although he hadn't been in charge of things for more than a month, it was his own home after all, and all the servants were obedient, so he got started very quickly.

It was not long before the Chinese New Year, and Jinchuan was thinking of asking his aunt to bring back the New Year gifts, as well as things for his grandparents. Many of them had been prepared long ago, but it was still quite tedious to count them one by one.

Zhang Wanru had nothing to do, so she held Xiao Xier and took Chenchen to watch him order people to work.

She was really relieved to see her nephew manage the house in an orderly manner, the husband and wife were loving, the servants were obedient, and their lives were thriving. However, with many years of experience as the head of the household, she realized in a moment that Jinchuan had ordered many more things to be prepared than in previous years, so she quickly stopped him and said, "Don't let people prepare too many things, we can buy most of them in the capital."

"How can they be the same? We feel more at ease eating food made at home," Jinchuan said with a wink. "Besides, I haven't heard that sweet potato flour can be bought in the capital."

He had just finished his confinement and had not yet fully recovered his previous figure. His face was a little round, but because he had a good life in recent years and didn't have many things to worry about, his overall condition was much better than when he first met Yu Zhou. He even occasionally acted like a spoiled child in front of his elders and husband.

Especially the way he winked at Zhang Wanru just now, which made her vaguely think of her son who grew up in an environment without worries about food and clothing, as well as her nephews from her mother's side.