Chapter 115

Why no younger brother!

As the ancients said, if you are rich and powerful, you will be like a night walk in brocade clothes.

After passing the imperial examination, not only Yu Zhou, who wanted to return to his hometown to settle down, but also Yu Wenliang and others chose to return to their hometown as soon as possible.

Of course, Tao Jiang was a little different from them. He was in a hurry to go back, mainly to prepare for marriage.

Before Yu Zhou and Jinchuan left, they cleaned up the house where they had lived for a year. They put the things that should be taken back, the things that should not be taken back, and the more important things in the cabinet.

In fact, since it was determined that they would not live in the capital city again, it would be more convenient to sell the house. However, the family was reluctant to sell it, so they left the key to their aunt and asked her to send someone to help maintain it after a while.

They were good friends. They participated in the provincial examination together and passed the imperial examination together. It is not an exaggeration to say that they were in great glory.

On the day of his return, many of his classmates from the prefectural school came to see him off. It had already been spread that Yu Zhou would not take part in the imperial examination next year. Someone who had a good relationship with him asked with regret: "Brother Yu, why don't you make a concerted effort and take part in the next year's spring examination with everyone."

"I'll think about it in a few years." Yu Zhou did not explain much. He always felt that he only needed to explain this kind of life direction to his relatives and close friends, because these people understood him, and even if they sometimes didn't understand why he did that, they would understand.

Yu Zhou and He Yunqi were more introverted, and their way of saying goodbye to everyone was also conventional. Yu Wenliang still looked a little childish. Only Tao Jiang was able to handle a large group of people with ease and talked freely.

Seeing that he didn't need help, Yu Zhou slipped back to Jinchuan who was saying goodbye to his aunt's family on the other side.

The adults didn't know what they were talking about. Yu Zhou walked over and heard Chenchen's baby voice saying, "Aunt, you and your brother are coming to our house to play!"

Zhang Wanru was stunned for a moment, then a bright smile appeared on her face, and she responded repeatedly, "Okay, okay, I will definitely come to play with Chenchen."

Yu Zhou continued, "This time we go back and repair the house first. When aunt is free later, Jinchuan and I will come to pick you up to stay for a while, just as if you were seeing different scenery."

Zhang Wanru pondered After a moment, he stopped coaxing a child and nodded seriously, "Okay."

It was almost time to leave. Even though he was reluctant, Jinchuan still said to Zhang Wanru, "You and your uncle take good care of your health. We will come to see you next year."

"Well," Zhang Wanru's nose was a little sour, "You also take good care of Chenchen."

When the carriage drove a distance, Jinchuan couldn't help but lift the curtain of the window and look back. He saw Zhang Wanru wiping tears with a handkerchief.

This made him redden his eyes.

Yu Zhou put his arm around Jinchuan's shoulders and said softly, "We can come to the capital city to live for half a month to a month every year in the future."

"If you live for so long, no one will take care of the family affairs." Jinchuan slowly leaned over. Going back to Yujia Village was a decision he made with his husband, so he was reluctant to part with his aunt's family at this moment, but he did not regret it.