Chapter 22

When writing a story, even if you have a good draft in mind, it is easy to have typos and grammatical errors when you actually write it.

In order to save paper, Yu Zhou did not layout the first draft at all. All the words were like people squeezing into the subway during rush hour, and they wanted to stick them all together to be finished.

After he revised and copied everything again, it had been almost ten days since he last went to town.

At this time, Jinchuan's embroidered handkerchiefs and sachets had already piled up half a basket, and the rice in the rice jar was about to run out.

At lunch that day, Jinchuan hesitated for a while, but still said to Yu Zhou: "I heard from Aunt Chen that they are going to town tomorrow, and I want to go with them to buy some things."

Yu Zhou's experience and personality would never make him throw the family's livelihood to Jinchuan and only care about his own business.

The reason why he could stay at home and write the storybooks these days was that he calculated that the food he bought last time would last until then. Therefore, when he heard Jinchuan said he was going to town, he smiled and said, "Let's go together. I just happen to have about an hour in the afternoon, so I should be able to copy all the storybooks."

If Jinchuan hadn't been holding a bowl, he would have almost stood up from the stool, "You... have finished writing?"

"I have finished writing," Yu Zhou pointed to the number two with his fingers, and then slowly said, "Two stories."

Jinchuan really couldn't help it this time, and said eagerly, "Is one of them already copied? I want to see it later."

"Yes," Yu Zhou nodded, "I'll give it to you after dinner."

When Jinchuan heard that he could see the storybook after dinner, he ate faster than usual.

However, although he couldn't wait, as an adult, he also knew how to restrain himself. After dinner, he not only cleaned up the dishes, but also washed his hands carefully before taking the stack of papers that Yu Zhou had placed on the table.

Yu Zhou was quite helpless, "It's just a few pieces of paper, not even as precious as the things you embroidered, how can it be worth being so cautious."

"It's different." Jinchuan shook his head, and even turned the paper carefully.

Yu Zhou saw that he couldn't change his mind, so he didn't say anything and went back to continue copying another storybook.

After about an hour, Yu Zhou finally wrote the last word, stretched his waist, rubbed his sore neck and left the room.

As soon as he walked to the door, he saw Jinchuan sitting on the threshold of the main room, holding his chin with his hand, and didn't know what he was thinking.

Yu Zhou walked over and waved his hand in front of his eyes, "What's wrong?"

Jin Chuan turned his head slowly, looking at Yu Zhou from bottom to top, "Is there really someone who is willing to give up wealth and glory, just to accompany the one he loves, and live together for a lifetime, just like what you wrote in the storybook?"

"Why can't there be one?" Yu Zhou thought for a while and said, "Let's not talk about the distant past, Uncle Chen and Aunt Chen next door, haven't they been very close for so many years?"

"This is different, I... have never seen anyone who can let go of wealth and glory." Jin Chuan lowered his head and said, "Besides, the one you wrote in the storybook is a brother."

Yu Zhou knew from his expression that he was thinking of the past, and combined with the fact that he was abandoned by his biological father, he had a rough guess in his mind.