Chapter 19

Yu Zhou and Jinchuan had never been to the headman's house before, so they followed Uncle Chen and Aunt Chen all the way.

At this time, the villagers who were busy in the fields a little later were just carrying their hoes back home. Some curious people saw the four of them walking together, especially Jinchuan, who was only heard of but not seen by many people, so they asked Aunt Chen curiously: "What good deeds are you doing, sister-in-law? And you are carrying an old hen."

"It's been a while since Zhou brought Jinchuan back, and he hasn't had time to come to the headman to register his household registration," Aunt Chen said with a smile, "His uncle and I are just free, and we heard that they were going to come to see the headman, so we came with them."

The person asking the question looked Jinchuan up and down, and said with a smile: "Are you Jinchuan?"

"This is Aunt Jincai." Yu Zhou whispered the woman's name beside Jinchuan. In fact, he had never seen this woman before, but the man next to the woman had worked with him in Luofengpo. From their behavior, Yu Zhou saw that they should be husband and wife.

When the woman saw this scene, she turned her head and glanced at Yu Zhou in surprise, and seemed to have lost her enthusiasm for gossip. "I have to hurry back to cook, so I won't delay you."

Yu Zhou smiled and replied, "Then Auntie, take care."

After sending Aunt Jincai away, the vague sights on the road were all withdrawn at once. Until they arrived at the door of the village head's house, no one asked them where they were going.

The house of the village head should be the best in the village. Although the fence in front is no different from that of other houses, in addition to the main house and the side house in the middle row, there are two side rooms on the east and west sides. The overall layout is somewhat like a simple courtyard.

When Yu Zhou and his friends knocked on the door and went in, the wife of the village head was picking beans with her daughter-in-law at the door of the main hall.

Aunt Chen greeted her first after seeing her, "Are you picking beans for planting, Sister Xi?"

"Yes, pick them out while you have time today," Aunt Xi patted the things on her hands, threw the work to her daughter-in-law, stood up and asked, "What are you doing?"

Aunt Chen said, "We came here with Zhou to ask the head of the village to help Jinchuan register his household registration. I wonder if the head of the village is at home today?"

"Yes, you go sit in the main hall," Aunt Xi said and shouted to the east wing, "Boss, Chen Liang and his wife brought Zhou to you for something, come out quickly."

Then she turned around and told her daughter-in-law, "Pick the beans later, go get your uncle Chen and get a glass of sugar water first."

She led Yu Zhou and the others to sit in the main hall.

After a moment, the head of the village walked in from the main hall door. He looked to be in his forties or fifties, tall and thin, and looked very smart and capable.

Yu Zhou quickly stood up and saluted, "Village head."

The village head was stunned, quite surprised, "When did you become so polite?"

Yu Zhou lowered his head: "I was ignorant before."

The village head hummed softly, walked to the main seat and sat down, without saying anything.

"The boy Zhou came to you to do business, why are you so angry?" Aunt Xi took the sugar water brought by her daughter-in-law, put it on the table next to the village head, turned around and said to Yu Zhou, "Zhou boy, you should call me Uncle Xi like everyone else in the village in the future. Calling me the village head is strange."