Chapter 59

When Er Gouzi's father saw that the message had been delivered, he said, "Now that you know it, make arrangements in advance. We have something else to do at home, so we will go back first."

"Thank you." Yu Zhou thanked them solemnly and sent them out.

When they reached the door, Er Gouzi's father said again, "Don't tell anyone that we told you about the thief. After all, his grandmother lives in the same village as that person, and we have to pass by that person's house every time we go there."

Yu Zhou smiled and said, "Uncle, don't worry, I won't let outsiders know about this."

The day of the Lantern Festival came in a blink of an eye. The villagers who had just finished the autumn harvest had worked hard for half a year and finally harvested enough food to satisfy them. Everyone was relieved. On such a lively day, most people chose to go out and play.

When Yu Zhou went to Mr. Wen's house in the morning, he met a woman who got up early to pick vegetables. He greeted her habitually.

The woman asked, "Are you going to town with Jinchuan tonight?"

"Yes," Yu Zhou replied with a smile, and then asked casually, "Aunt, what about you?"

The woman pretended to be angry and said, "Xiao Rou insisted on going, so her father and I had to accompany her."

Yu Zhou said, "It's understandable that a little girl wants to go out and have fun a few times a year."

Not only the villagers I met that day, but even after class in the afternoon, Mr. Wen asked, "I have an appointment with a few friends tonight, Do you want to go with me? "

Facing the teacher, Yu Zhou did not lie, but he did not say it directly. He just said: "I have something to do tonight, so I will not go with you."

Mr. Wen thought he was going to accompany Jinchuan, waved his hand and said: "Then I will only take Wen Liang. When you come to class tomorrow afternoon, remember to hand in a poem to me."

Yu Zhou paused when he heard this, and his expression was a little strange, but he did not say anything. He cupped his hands and resisted the urge to laugh and said: "Student remembers."

After returning from Mr. Wen's house, Yu Zhou changed into clean clothes and took Jinchuan, who was also dressed up, out of the door.

Just as the two locked the gate of the yard, the Chen family next door happened to come out. Xiaojuan came over and greeted Yu Zhou and Jinchuan, then looked up at Jinchuan's head and said: "Brother Jinchuan's hairpin is really beautiful today."

Yu Zhou smiled and continued: "What a coincidence, I think so too."

This is exactly the one he gave to Jinchuan when they got married.

This was the first time Jinchuan wore a hairpin in public today. He didn't expect that Xiaojuan would see him as soon as he went out. She even praised his beautiful hairpin, and he felt a little embarrassed for a moment.

After Aunt Chen locked the door, she helped Aunt Chen over. When she heard them discussing the hairpin, she also looked up a few more times, and then said to Xiaojuan: "You are too old to use a hairpin."

"I know," Xiaojuan said innocently, "I just think that brother has to work hard to make money, otherwise he won't be able to afford a hairpin for his sister-in-law in the future."

Chen Feng, who had been the last to speak, said:...

What did he do to offend anyone?

Their two families were the first to leave in the village. When they passed under the big locust tree, everyone asked, "Why are you leaving so early?"