Chapter 57

Yu Zhou finally let go of the breath he had been holding. Fortunately, although Tao Jiang was a little bit out of line, they were not married yet and had not done anything like sending spring.

Otherwise, he would be caught by Jinchuan in broad daylight, and even if he said it had nothing to do with him, he would not be able to explain it clearly.

Jinchuan knew Yu Zhou very well, and guessed from his slight expression, "Didn't you buy this book?"

"Tao Jiang gave it to me," Yu Zhou said with his hands spread out, "She said I would definitely like it."

Jinchuan didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he heard this, and shook his head after a while, "I wonder what he would think if he knew you were a secluded guest in the future."

Yu Zhou thought for a while and said, "So it's better not to let him know."

As for the issue of social customs, Yu Zhou didn't intend to expose himself in front of other people except Jinchuan and the people in Changning Bookstore, even if they were good friends.

"What about the storybook?" Jinchuan asked.

Yu Zhou: "Put it away, it doesn't take up much space anyway."

During dinner, Yu Zhou told Jinchuan everything that happened at the He family today.

When Jinchuan heard that He Yunqi's marriage was arranged by the matchmaker of that brother's family, he immediately became interested: "I don't know what kind of person Mr. He's fiancé is. I really want to meet him."

"Do you think he is brave?" Yu Zhou could probably guess what he was thinking.

Jinchuan nodded, "He is the first one I have heard of who can take the initiative to propose to marry the person he likes."

"Really?" Yu Zhou raised his eyebrows and said jokingly, "If I remember correctly, someone took the initiative to give me the money bag."

Jinchuan glanced at Yu Zhou quickly, not expecting him to bring up this matter, and said uncomfortably: "We...aren't we different?"

"Although the specific situation is different," Yu Zhou said, "but he is not the bravest person you have heard of. You are the bravest one, no matter in which aspect."

After Jinchuan glanced at Yu Zhou, he lowered his eyes and ate quietly.

After that, he talked about Tao Jiang's affairs, which were more funny. Jinchuan laughed several times. He wiped the tears from his eyes with his fingers and asked, "Did you really tell him directly that if he came during this period, he could harvest rice and dig sweet potatoes for us?"

"Yes," Yu Zhou said as a matter of course, "According to Uncle Chen, the rice should be harvested in ten days. As for sweet potatoes, it should be soon after the rice is harvested."

Uncle Chen will help to watch the rice, and before the harvest, the village will hold an autumn harvest ceremony, so Yu Zhou does not have to worry about missing the harvest time.

Sweet potatoes are completely different. Yu Zhou himself is not sure about the specific time. He only vaguely remembers that it was before and after the frost. Other people in the village have no experience and cannot give suggestions.

Moreover, this year, only he and Uncle Chen's family planted sweet potatoes in the whole village, and Uncle Chen's family planted less than one-fifth of his family.

So the standard to confirm whether the sweet potatoes have grown well is to dig a nest out of the field every once in a while.

Time passed quickly, and it was the autumn harvest in a blink of an eye.