Chapter 32

The head outside the fence retreated back in a flash as if it had been stung by a bee, followed by the sound of fleeing footsteps and the clanging sound of the gate of the next yard being opened and closed.

After a moment of silence, Jinchuan whispered, "Why did you tell him that?"

Yu Zhou looked at his head turned away and his ears that were red as if they were about to bleed, knowing that he was just shy, and smiled, "He will know it sooner or later anyway."

Jinchuan lowered his head and said nothing.

Yu Zhou's family had no relatives, let alone his family. As for marriage, neither of them had any experience, so they must ask Aunt Chen or Aunt Chen to come and help preside over it.

Wouldn't Chen Feng know? He would be one of the first few to know.

"What are you thinking about?" Yu Zhou put down the backpack and pinched Jinchuan's nose, "Didn't you say you wanted to plant a peach tree?"

Jinchuan looked at the hardened land in the yard, hesitated for a moment, and handed the hoe to Yu Zhou: "Why don't you dig the hole? I'll go get water."

"That's what I meant." Yu Zhou took it with a smile, then dug a big hole with a grunt, picked up the peach tree on the ground that was not even as long as his leg, and planted it.

After that, Jinchuan came with water and poured half a bucket of water on the peach tree. While watering, he reminded the peach tree, "You are our witness. You must grow up well and work hard to bear fruit. When the time comes, the seeds will sprout and grow into trees. It would be best if they grow into a large area."

Jinchuan didn't know what he was thinking about, and muttered softly, "What the hell is going on."

After saying that, he went to the door of the house to peel the bamboo shoots he had brought back without waiting for Yuzhou to finish watering.

Yuzhou added some soil to the peach tree, and then took something to peel the bamboo shoots.

As he peeled the bamboo shoots, he laughed out loud.

Jinchuan paused for a moment after hearing this. He wanted to ignore it, but he couldn't help asking, "What are you... laughing at?"

"We are getting married, so we are... very happy." Yu Zhou said happily. He never thought that one day he would propose to someone when he just came back from work, without flowers, without rings, just a sentence, and even the person he proposed to would be holding a hoe in his hand.

But because of this, the two of them got closer little by little and struggled together. He would protect Jinchuan, and Jinchuan would remember any of his preferences.

These small details accumulated slowly, and finally today, they merged into a tide that gushed out of his heart.

Let him know clearly that this is the person. In this different world, he wants to form a family and grow old together with the one.

Jinchuan didn't stop his movements. After a while, he lowered his head and whispered, "Me too."

Then the two continued to peel bamboo shoots without even saying a word. After peeling all the bamboo shoots that Jinchuan had pulled back from the mountains today, they boiled them in water and hung them up in the yard. In this way, when the sun came out the next day, they would become dried bamboo shoots after being dried for a few days, which could be eaten for a whole year.

After the bamboo shoots were done, they took advantage of the last bit of light to cook and eat. The two worked in harmony, no different from the past. Only when their eyes met inadvertently, the feelings flowing in their eyes were sweeter than before.