Chapter 78: Common People

After coming out of the Imperial Examination Hall, Yu Zhou jumped and danced a few times in front of the carriage, and the stiffness in his joints finally eased a little.

Looking at his messy movements, the candidates were confused at first. After some people realized what he was doing, they started moving together without caring about their appearance.

In the dark, a group of examinees were dancing wildly at the gate of the Imperial Examination Hall. If someone suddenly passed by here, they would probably be scared when they saw it.

Yu Wenliang was still running a fever. Yu Zhou felt a little better, so he climbed into the carriage with He Yunqi and directed Xiao Zhu to drive back to where they lived.
After the carriage drove for a while, Tao Jiang pulled his head back from the window and said with a "tsk tsk" sound: "Brother Yu is indeed not an ordinary person."

"Just a little more casual than everyone else," Yu Zhou shrugged. They had all been huddled in the cell for two days, so how could he be the only one who felt stiff? It was just that everyone was holding on to the image of a scholar and was unwilling to do anything too outrageous. Now that they saw someone taking the lead, they all let go.

After saying that, he glanced at Yu Wenliang who was leaning in the corner, poured a cup of hot water and handed it to him, "Don't drink tea if you have a fever, drink more boiled water."

Yu Wenliang took it, drank it all in one breath, put the cup back on the small table, and nodded to Yu Zhou again, his voice a little weak, "I don't think it's serious, I should be fine after a good sleep."

"Okay, then go back and eat something, wash up and go to bed," Yu Zhou said with a smile, "You can sleep until whatever time you want tomorrow."

Yu Wenliang was in a trance when he heard this, and there was a little yearning in his smile, "Brother Xiaozhou, are you going to help me convince my grandfather?"

"Don't worry, just leave your grandfather to me."

"Okay." Yu Wenliang nodded heavily, and after a moment of silence, he said to himself, "I haven't slept in for many, many years."

As soon as he said this, everyone in the carriage, including Yu Zhou, felt sympathetic.

After a while, Tao Jiang said, "Everyone can sleep as long as they want tomorrow. After I finished the provincial examination, I slept for a full twelve hours before waking up."

Twelve hours? ? ?

Yu Wenliang opened his eyes wide, showing a surprised expression.

Yu Zhou couldn't help asking, "I slept for twelve hours after the provincial examination, what about the college examination?"

Tao Jiang touched his nose with the folded folding fan, and said embarrassedly, "Of course it will be longer than this."

As they talked, they soon arrived at the inn where they were staying.

The shopkeeper had already prepared hot water for washing and light and easy-to-digest meals. When they came back, he personally brought people to deliver them.

Yu Zhou and the other two were indeed tired. After washing and eating something, they went back to their rooms to rest.

Maybe it was because of the pressure in his heart that he didn't even notice. Yu Zhou slept comfortably when he just lay down, but when it was about to dawn, he had a dream.

In his dream, he didn't know why he was still taking the exam in the Imperial Examination Hall, but there was no pen and ink in his exam room, and no one paid attention to him no matter how he called the inspecting officials.