Chapter 102

The filial son at the bedside

At this time, the two brothers of the Li family also came in, and Yu Zhou also asked a question.

Li Huai also smiled and said: "We are full at night, just drink a cup of hot tea."

Since everyone said that they didn't need to eat, Yu Zhou didn't insist anymore, brewed a pot of hot tea for a few people, and went to the kitchen to get a plate of pumpkin cakes made by Jinchuan during the day for everyone to eat.

Qi Su, who said he was not hungry, seemed to like the sweet and sticky pumpkin cakes very much. They were the size of a child's palm and thin yellow cakes. He ate three in one breath before stopping.

After taking another sip of hot tea, he seemed to realize that he seemed to have eaten too much just now, and the subtle expression on his face froze.

Yu Zhou smiled in his heart, pretended not to see it, and refilled his tea.

Seeing that everyone was tired from the journey, Yu Zhou estimated that it was almost time for a rest, so he lit a lamp and took a few people to the kitchen and the well, introduced them to the washing area, and then led them to see the sleeping room.
Although Yu Zhou and Jin Chuan were not sure at first whether the Li brothers could invite Qi Su, they still arranged the bed early. As their house had limited space, Yu Zhou cleaned up his study and made the bed for Qi Su and his attendants.

Qi Su looked cold and indifferent, but he was not picky. He did not even frown when he saw the simple environment.

Yu Zhou waited until they all washed up and went to bed before returning to his room.

Jinchuan hadn't slept yet. Seeing Yuzhou coming back, he yawned and asked, "Has the doctor been invited?"

"Yes," Yuzhou put down the candle, undressed and lay down on the bed, "He's a young doctor, and he looks like he should be good at medicine."

Jinchuan blinked, propped himself up and asked in confusion, "How good is the doctor's medical skills? And he's a young doctor."

Yuzhou laughed, "He looks a little cold. Isn't it said that such people are mostly hidden masters?"

Jinchuan shook his head, indicating that he had never heard of such a saying, and shrank back into the quilt and said, "Go to sleep. How good is his medical skills? Let him see Aunt Chen tomorrow and you'll know."

Perhaps because the doctor was invited, Yuzhou and Jinchuan felt a lot more relaxed than before. They both slept well at night and didn't wake up until dawn the next day.

With guests at home, they couldn't sleep in, so they got up and prepared to boil water and make breakfast.

As a result, when they walked to the main hall, they saw Li Huai was already outside cleaning the yard, and Li Chi was boiling water in the kitchen.

Yu Zhou paused, thinking of what his grandmother and aunt had said, that the two were here to help him with the work, so he didn't say anything. He just glanced in the direction of the study, and seeing that the door was still tightly closed, he lowered his voice and said to Li Huai: "There is nothing to do at home now, so don't get up too early."

"We have overslept a little today." Li Huai said a little embarrassedly, implying that when they were in the capital, the two brothers got up earlier than now.

Yu Zhou nodded and said nothing more. He knew that the two brothers couldn't cook. After washing up, he asked, "What do you want to eat in the morning?"

"It's all right," Li Huai said, "Both of us brothers are not picky about food." After that, he glanced at the room where Qi Su slept, implying that Yu Zhou only had to worry about Qi Su.