Chapter 52

Yu Zhou wrote a seven-character quatrain, which only had 28 words in total, and he finished it very quickly.

When he put down his pen, the people standing close to him had already read his finished poem.

The readers who were afraid of disturbing him started to discuss in a low voice the moment he put down his pen.

The person who had previously proposed that Yu Zhou and Cui Tong each write a poem made the first comment, "Brother Yu really used the words 'knowing the wind is moving' very well."

Others followed suit and expressed their opinions.

The most exaggerated one was Tao Jiang, who was simply possessed by his mother's eyes. He could find different angles to praise Yu Zhou for intentions that he himself had not thought of.

He was still the kind of person who knew he was praising him, but he would not be so excessive that he would be disgusted, but would be easily accepted. He was very good at it.

If Yu Zhou had not confirmed that he did not know him before, he would have suspected when he had such a fanboy.

After a moment, Cui Tong had finished writing, and many people around him began to praise him, saying that he was quick-witted and well-structured, but compared with what Tao Jiang had just said, it was much inferior.

I don't know if it was said on purpose for them to hear, but among these words, Yu Zhou heard a particularly strong sentence, "Brother Cui's handwriting is really vigorous and powerful, and the force penetrates the back of the paper."

Yu Zhou and Tao Jiang looked at each other, and neither of them said anything. Even the younger Yu Wenliang followed behind Yu Zhou silently without saying a word.

If they didn't speak, there would be scholars who read out their poems.

Yu Zhou didn't need to care about what he wrote, but just listened carefully to what Cui Tong read. After a moment, he heard it clearly and wrote it down.

Then he looked at Tao Jiang and Yu Wenliang, and the meaning of asking for advice was very obvious in his eyes.

Yu Wenliang was still young, and had interacted with Yu Zhou a lot in the past six months. Needless to say, he was on Yu Zhou's side. He didn't even carefully measure the difference between the two poems, and directly said, "Of course Brother Xiaozhou's is better."

Tao Jiang complained in a low voice, "I'm afraid that if your brother Xiaozhou writes a few words casually, you will think his is better, right?"

Yu Wenliang had a stern face and pursed his lips and asked, "Who do you think is better?"

Tao Jiang propped his chin with a closed folding fan, pretending to frown and unable to make a decision. After seeing Yu Wenliang's nervous expression, he opened the folding fan and smiled brightly, "Of course, brother Yu is better."

After he finished speaking, someone next to him had already read both poems and nodded, "Personally, I like brother Yu's poem more."

In fact, as long as the level of poetry is not too different, it is different for different people. Some people like the same poem and some don't like it. What's more, it is difficult to tell which one is better at the moment.

Otherwise, there would be no saying that there is no best in literature.

So even if he heard a few people say that they liked his own more, Yu Zhou didn't think he won.

Until someone ran to both sides, after reading Yu Zhou's poem, he went to see Cui Tong's, and then said in a tone of watching the fun: "I think Brother Yu's handwriting is also better."