Chapter 70

County exam registration

Registration for the county exam started on the 18th day of the first lunar month, and Yu Zhou had already prepared the things he needed for registration on the 16th day.

On the 18th day, he got up early, went to the backyard to squeeze goat milk, fed the baby, changed the diaper and swaddling clothes, and then bathed and changed his clothes.

Jinchuan originally didn't want him to do these things, but since the confinement period, in order to let him rest better, Yu Zhou took on the work of taking care of the child.

After a month of training, when he recovered, Yu Zhou had already done the work of taking care of the child, and even Aunt Chen had to praise him for his perfection.

Yu Zhou was used to it, so he felt that unless he was not free, there was no need to let Jinchuan do it.

Besides, his son was sweet and soft, and maybe he could get good luck if he hugged him more.

When Jinchuan came out of the kitchen with breakfast, she saw her husband wearing clean washed clothes, with moisture still on his hair, as if he was dressed and ready to go to register.

But what he did was no different from usual, squatting beside Chenchen's crib, playing with a rattle to play with the child blowing bubbles.

Jinchuan shook his head, put the bowl on the table, walked to the father and son, snatched the rattle from Yu Zhou's hand and said, "You've already washed it and you're still playing with him, you'll be stained with smell later."

Yu Zhou followed Jinchuan's instructions and stood up, but he didn't agree with what he meant. "My son is clean, how can he smell anything?"

"Milk." Jinchuan didn't even raise his head, and handed Yu Zhou a pair of chopsticks, signaling him to eat breakfast quickly.

Yu Zhou picked up the noodles in the bowl, pulled out all the meat covered, and said helplessly: "You really cooked pork trotter noodles?"

"Everyone said they want to eat pork trotters," Jinchuan said, "and I asked your master's wife a few days ago, and she said that Mr. Wen also ate pork trotter noodles on the morning of the county exam."

Yu Zhou: ...

Since everyone thinks so, then eat it. Anyway, the pork trotter noodles made by Jinchuan taste very good, and they were stewed for a long time at night, so they are not greasy at all.

After breakfast, Yu Zhou took all the things he wanted to take, and before leaving, he kissed his son and husband on the forehead before leaving.

The Tongsheng exam requires four villagers and a scholar to be the guarantor. Needless to say, the scholar must be Mr. Wen.

The villager Yu Zhou had already decided and discussed with the other party that he would go to the town with him to register today.

The four people were the head of the village, Uncle Chen, Uncle Qing and Er Gouzi's father.

Hearing the sound of the door opening and closing in his yard, Uncle Chen also came out from the next door, also dressed in new clothes, and smiled and said to Yu Zhou: "Let's go."

When the two walked to the entrance of the village, Mr. Wen and Yu Wenliang, as well as several people who guaranteed Yu Zhou and Yu Wenliang, also came from another road together, joined Yu Zhou and Uncle Chen, and then the group went to the town in a mighty manner.

Especially the head of the village, his expression was solemn and happy.

This time, two people from their village participated in the county exam, and Mr. Wen said that if there were no accidents, with the level of Yu Zhou and Yu Wenliang, they should both be admitted.